Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
One of my all-time favorite recipes for high-protein, low-carb dinners is zucchini noodles tossed with Italian sausage and kale. Easy to make, kid-friendly, and full of flavor, it's always a family favorite.
My kids love to watch me spiral vegetables, so if you want your kids to like zucchini noodles, I recommend that you keep them in the kitchen to watch them and help you cook dinner. Another tip? If you're skeptical about zucchini noodles, try starting by replacing half of the pasta instead of going for cold turkey. Chances are you don't notice zucchini noodles mixed with traditional spaghetti.
Of course, we cannot forget cheese. Parmesan cheese is added at the end to add sharpness and subtle sharpness to offset the sweet sausage and tender zucchini noodles. For a little kick, sprinkle with chili flakes before serving.
Your fork is waiting.
Zucchini noodles with sausage and kale
Gluten-free and low-carb, this pasta recipe is made with zucchini zoodles (noodles), sweet Italian sausage, and kale. A delicious and healthy meal.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cook time 18 minutes Total time 28 minutes
Servings4 Calories 316kcal
- 3 medium zucchini (spiral)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 links of sweet Italian turkey sausage (without wraps)
- 4 cups kale (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste)
- Chili flakes and chopped basil (optional garnish)
- Using your favorite vegetable spiralizer, turn your zucchini into noodles; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove the sausage from the casings and heat it in the pan with a wooden spoon to divide the meat into small pieces. Cook until well cooked and browned, about 7-9 minutes.
- Add kale to skillet and sauté until it begins to wilt and turns bright green, about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil and zucchini noodles in the pan and sauté until the zucchini is cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Just before removing from heat, add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Check the seasoning and then add salt or pepper to taste. Garnish with chili flakes and basil if desired.
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.6g | Protein: 24.4 g | Fat: 20.3g | Saturated Fat: 5.3g | Monounsaturated fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 863mg | Fiber: 2.6g | Sugar: 2g
cabbage with noodles curly sausage zucchini