Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Lemon Vinaigrette It is a fresh and light recipe that is so tasty and brilliant! Spicy lemon, olive oil, and our favorite fresh herbs make the perfect dressing for a fresh salad.
You will want to do this over and over again! It's great in a tossed salad, but it's also a delicious marinade for chicken or fish breasts.
Skipping store bought salad dressing by making your own salad dressing is cheaper and tastes so much better! Why stop there? Mix a little lemon vinaigrette with a little sour cream and you will have an instant bath to water freshly cut raw vegetables.
Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients
All sorts of delicious things can go into a Dijon lemon vinaigrette, but the basics are always the same!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- Base: Olive oil (can substitute vegetable oil) and vinegar (white vinegar or even balsamic vinegar)
- Bold flavors: Mustard (preferably a dark, grainy Dijon mix), minced or powdered garlic
- Seasonings Any combination of freshly cut herbs, salt and pepper.
How to make lemon vinaigrette
The fun part of this easy dressing is that once you combine all the ingredients in one jar, you just shake it and you're done! Sounds like a great job to a little chef in the kitchen!
- Put all the ingredients in a jar or contain with a tight-fitting lid!
- Mix in a few chopped herbs of your choice! We recommend: chives, dill or parsley!
- And shake it all up!
Try to use some fresh basil as your herb! A lemon basil vinaigrette is a good dressing for vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, or carrots because it's shiny, strong, and a little tasty. Mix lemon vinaigrette in a little melted butter and use it as a dressing for artichoke leaves or on your favorite pasta salad recipe!
How long does the lemon vinaigrette last?
Store your vinaigrette dressing in a tightly closed container (I keep mine in a mason jar with a salad dressing lid) or in a non-drip salad dressing bottle. You can even use a bottle of dressing to store it!
Any variation of lemon vinaigrette will remain until a week in the refrigerator. However, it will hardly last that long, because there are so many tasty ways to use it!
Try these dressings on your next summer salad!
The possibilities are endless with this lemon vinaigrette! Mix an extra large batch and pour it over the pasta salad, use it as a dressing or marinade!
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of sugar or to taste.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 minced garlic clove (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives and / or dill / parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a jar. Shake well to combine.
Sprinkle on the salad to taste.
Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Calories: 128, Fat: 13g, Saturated fat: 1 g, Sodium: 28 mgCarbohydrates: 1 gSugar 1 g, Vitamin A: 0.7%, Vitamin C: 4.3%, Iron: 0.4%
(Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and ingredient brands used.)
REWARD this delicious recipe
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 LemonMinutesVinaigretteZesty