Homemade wholemeal lactal bread prevents us from this sliced bread carrying any kind of preservatives. With natural ingredients and a quality wholemeal flour, we will obtain a great bread crumb that will last us tender days, as long as we keep it well covered, being best covered with transparent plastic wrap or in a plastic bag.
If you have not tried it yet, this is your time, because in RecetasGratis we have all the keys so that you have a tender bread. Keep reading and discover with us how to make whole wheat bread.
8 diners 4h Breakfast Low difficulty Additional features: Cheap cost, Recommended to lose weight, Baked recipes Ingredients:
- For the preferment:
- 100 milliliters of warm water
- 15 grams of fresh yeast
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or brown sugar dessert
- 75 grams of flour of force
- For whole grain bread:
- 450 grams of wholemeal flour (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt dessert
- 300 milliliters of warm water (or 200 ml of milk and 100 ml of water)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed (optional)
Steps to follow to make this recipe: 1
In order to obtain a tender whole grain lactal bread, we are going to make a preferment that will not take us long. For this, we are going to dilute fresh yeast in 100 ml of warm water. We stir with a spoon so that it dissolves well.
We incorporate the sugar and the 75 grams of flour sifted force. For the preferment I have used wheat flour of strength, but you can also use whole flour.
We remove without any traces of lumps and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature, but without drafts, for 15 minutes or until we see that the preferment has doubled in size.
In a wide bowl, we sift the wholemeal flour. We also add, at the end, what has been left without being able to pass through the holes in the sieve.
We put the salt on one side, we add the preferment, olive oil and mix. Gradually add warm water. To do this, we start with the first 300 ml, since we may not need more. We are kneading and, if we see the dough a little dry, we incorporate a little more water, everything will depend on the flour used.
It can knead whole wheat bread by hand or in a mixer with the hook. The dough has to be a little sticky, and if we knead it with a kneader, it has to come off the walls but a part remains stuck to the bottom. We knead for about 10 minutes.
Trick: If you prefer, you can make whole wheat bread with 200 ml of milk and 100 ml of water.
We make a ball with the dough, cover it with a cloth and leave it stand 1 hour in a warm place.
Lightly flour a work surface and place the wholemeal bread dough, work it for a minute, shape it into a pudding and place it in a Plum cake pan lined with baking paper. We cover it with a cloth and let it rest in a warm place for 1 hour and a half to 2, or until it has doubled in volume.
We preheat the oven to 200 ºC and put a bowl of water at the base of the oven to create steam. Then, we moisten the dough with a little water (you can splash water just by wetting your fingers) and sprinkle flax seeds on top if you want. Bake the wholemeal bread at 200 ºC with heat up and down for 30 minutes. If the top is toasted too much, we cover it with aluminum foil.
To cut whole grain bread, it is better to let it cool for a few hours, so it will be easier for us to break it with a serrated knife. The next day it will remain tender and dry, but if it is not going to be eaten for days, it is better to freeze it cut into slices and remove the slices that we are going to use from the freezer. Another totally valid option is to use the remains of bread to make a delicious homemade bread pudding.
I hope you liked this whole wheat bread recipe and I invite you to also visit my blog Cakes for you. Likewise, if you prepare this recipe for wholemeal bread, do not hesitate to leave your comment.
If you liked the recipe of Whole grain bread, we suggest you enter our category of Bread Recipes.
Homemade spongy whole grain lactal bread – Tips and tricks
Lactal bread is a type of softer and fluffier sliced bread. In general, it is characterized by being made with milk, although this ingredient can be perfectly substituted for water, obtaining a lactose-free lactal bread. Likewise, to make gluten-free whole grain bread, it is as simple as replacing wheat flour with gluten-free whole grain flour. However, if you want to know the recipe for wholemeal bread, which is different from that of lactal bread, do not hesitate to consult this other one: "Homemade wholemeal bread".
Focusing now on getting a fluffier, softer and fluffier whole wheat bread, let's share some useful tips and tricks:
- Sift the flour It helps to aerate it and make it rise better in the oven. Since wholemeal flours tend to be thicker, it may not be able to be sieved in a conventional strainer, so in that case, we can aerate it by stirring it with a spatula, making quick circular movements.
- The water must be warm so it can mix well with the flour and properly form the gluten. In case of using milk, it must also be lukewarm.
- The kneading It is one of the keys to good bread, so it is recommended to gradually mix dry ingredients with liquids. That is, we must integrate the water into the flour, or the flour into the water, little by little. As soon as we can, we will knead with our hands to work the dough well, reinforce the gluten and give it elasticity.
- Rest time It is equal to or more important than kneading, which is why it is essential to respect it. If you don't, the yeast doesn't work well, and therefore the dough won't rise as much as it should.
With these tricks, making the recipe for whole grain brown bread is a simple process that will allow you to obtain a really delicious, fluffy and smooth textured whole grain bread.