Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
How to make celery juice in the Vitamix
It's time for another addition of preparing a simple basic recipe in a super easy way. The last time i did 2 minute homemade peanut butter at Vitamix and today I show you how to easily make a delicious and refreshing Vitamix celery juice. Celery juice has been trending for quite some time and is touted for health benefits, but it is not a miracle juice as some would like to believe, ha! It's definitely good for you, but just another way to enjoy vegetables instead of on the plate.
I like celery juice with the addition of some other ingredients like apple, lemon and honey, which is the version I share today. It's amazing that you don't need an expensive juicer to make this wonderful smoothie, just like any other homemade fruit or vegetable juice that can be made in the blender!
Celery juice contains a variety of vitamins including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and minerals like Calcium, Potassium, and Magnesium, as well as electrolytes and water that will obviously hydrate you very well. That said, it is not a miracle juice and serves as another way to enjoy the benefits of vegetables, but in juice form. I spent time drinking some of my own homemade celery juice for a while and I really felt more energized and noticed an improvement in my digestion, but like I said, it is not a miracle juice!
One thing to keep in mind about juicing is that fiber is essentially removed from vegetables or fruit, so it's lacking, but I think it was the general hydration effect that improved my digestive system, and because I add lemon to the juice celery that helps increase the production of digestive enzymes.
On Health line, Erin Palinski (R.D.) says:
Follow us on PINTEREST!
There is nothing wrong with drinking celery juice if you enjoy it. However, the nutritional properties of the juice are not unique, and the same benefits can be found by eating celery along with other green leafy vegetables. If you like the trend, feel free to follow it. But otherwise, just try adding more vegetables in any shape to your plate.
Steps to make celery juice Blender / Vitamix:
Making your own homemade celery juice without a juicer is really incredibly easy. All you need is your celery (and any other vegetables or fruits you want to add), water, a Vitamix or other high-speed blender, and a bag of nut milk or a mesh bag. Here are the super simple steps!
- Add washed celery and water to the blender.
- Mix on high for 1 minute or so until absolutely no chunks remain.
- Line a bowl or jug with a bag of walnut milk or a mesh bag *
- Pour the celery juice through the bag into the container.
- Squeeze any remaining liquid from the milk bag / walnut screen until only the pulp remains
- Chill the juice or enjoy right away and discard the remaining pulp.
* You can find walnut milk or mesh bags online at Amazon or in most health food stores.
Ingredients for celery juice Blender / Vitamix:
To make simple celery juice, all you need is celery and water! For my tastier version, which has a hint of natural sweetness along with a little citrus flavor, it has some easier ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge! For these ingredients, I recommend choosing organic. This is what you will need:
- Green apple
- Raw honey (optional *)
* I like to add a touch of raw honey to the mix to cut off the acidity of the celery and lemon and add a bit of natural sweetness. For vegans, you can definitely skip honey and use another sweetened unrefined liquid of your choice if you like, like coconut nectar.
If you're new to the world of celery juice, this blender recipe is a great place to start. You don't need to go out and buy a fancy juicer, and you can enjoy the taste of celery juice with the addition of apple and lemon. Celery juice alone can be really refreshing, but it's definitely more bitter and not sweet in the least.
Tell me about it in the comments and be sure to pin the photo below the recipe to save for later and of course share the love!
Vitamix Blender Celery Juice
Performance: Makes about 1 liter
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
3 cups organic celery, well washed
1 organic green apple, pitted and well washed (without skin)
juice of 1/2 organic lemon + a few slices of organic lemon
1 tablespoon of raw honey
2 cups cold filtered water
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix on high for 1 minute until no chunks are left.
- Line a large jug or bowl with a mesh walnut milk bag and pour celery juice through the bag into the container.
- Hold the bag of walnut milk and squeeze out all the remaining liquid until only pulp remains in the bag, and then discard the pulp.
- Add celery juice to a glass jar or other container of your choice to chill or enjoy some of the juice right away.
Store celery juice in the refrigerator and consume within 48 hours.
May contain affiliate links.
Professional Quality Walnut Milk Bag
Vitamix 5200 Professional Grade Blender
Have a wonderful day!