Who doesn't like a Homemade cake? We love them and, therefore, in this recipe we will teach you how to prepare a simple but original cream cake, with a very pleasant flavor. The cream, also known as milk cream, gives the biscuits an extra amount of unrivaled fluffiness, especially if we add it to the assembled dough, as well as providing a very smooth texture. If we add to this other ingredients that also help raise the dough, such as beaten egg whites, or to enhance the flavor of the sponge cake, such as vanilla essence or lemon juice, success is more than assured!
In RecipesFree we teach you how to make a homemade cream cake, simple, fluffy and economical, as well as easy! And to make it even more spongy, we share all our tricks as well as other proposals to make different versions each time.
10 diners 45m Dessert Low difficulty Additional features: Cheap cost, Baked recipes Ingredients:
- 250 grams of pastry flour (leavened)
- 300 grams of sugar (1½ cups)
- 200 milliliters of whipping cream (1 cup)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ glass of olive oil
- Butter to grease the mold
Steps to follow to make this recipe: 1
We separate the whites from the yolks of the eggs. In this way, the cream cake will be much more spongy.
After, beat the yolks with the sugar and oil until fully integrated. We recommend using electric rods for this step, since it will allow us to beat the ingredients much better and add a greater amount of air.
Apart, we mount the whites, also, with electric rods preferably. Without a doubt, this step is one of the great tricks to get a spongy cream cake, since it introduces a lot of air into the dough.
When we have the whites mounted, add them to the beaten yolks and we integrate with smooth enveloping movements, since we do not want them to lose volume.
We assemble the cream and we also incorporate the dough, making the same enveloping movements. We preheat the oven to 180 ºC with heat up and down.
By last, add the sifted flour together with the baking powder and mix. It is very important not to skip the step of sifting the flour if you want to get a very fluffy cream cake. Why? Very simple, because sifting it breaks the lumps and manages to aerate the flour, something essential to ensure that the dough rises properly in the oven.
Pour the dough into the mold previously greased with butter or oil, whatever you like best. Bake the cream cake with heat just down for 30 minutes. Afterwards, we also activate the heat above and bake about 10 more minutes, although it is important to note that depending on the type of oven the cooking time may vary. This means that it is essential to know the appliance we have, since if our oven is one of those that heat enough, 35-40 minutes will suffice. Now, if it does not heat so much, the time may rise to 45-50 minutes.
Trick: We have used a mold of about 20 cm in diameter.
Let it cool down a bit, remove the mold and place the cake on a rack to cool it down. This whipped cream cake recipe It is very easy and we can do it for any occasion. Likewise, this cream cake is perfect for making birthday cakes, since we can cut it in half, fill it with strawberry jam, for example, and cover it with chocolate ganache. Of course, we can also decorate the cake with more whipped cream.
If you liked the recipe of Homemade sponge cake very fluffy, we suggest you enter our category of Sponge Cake Recipes.
How to make a very fluffy cream cake
Throughout the entire recipe we have shared some tricks to get a very spongy cream cake. However, below we show a summary of them and add some more:
- Beat the ingredients very well it is one of the keys to achieving a sponge cake. This is so because it allows us to add as much air as possible to the dough, which is what will make it rise in the oven later.
- Sift the flour It is essential to break the lumps formed and aerate it.
- All ingredients must be at room temperature except the cream, which must be very cold.
- Preheating the oven is another key, since this makes it much easier for the dough to start cooking. In this sense, we recommend preheating it with heat up and down.
- Once the cake is put in the oven, it is very important cook it only with heat down so that the dough can rise correctly. If we leave the heat on top, we run the risk of it being done on the outside but being raw on the inside. The heat above will activate it when there are a few minutes left to finish cooking, especially if we want the top to be golden and crisp.
More tricks to make a sponge cake in this article.
Other cream cake recipes
We have shared the original recipe for cream cake, that of the grandmother, however, today there are an infinity of varieties, the following being the most popular:
- Cream and yogurt sponge cake
- Sponge cake with cream and walnuts
- Cream and lemon sponge cake
- Cream and chocolate sponge cake
To make the cream and yogurt sponge cake, we will add a natural yogurt to the recipe and add it to the dough along with the yolks. To prepare the sponge cake with cream and walnuts, simply add a handful of chopped walnuts to the end of the recipe. To make the lemon and cream cake, pour the juice of one lemon when mounting the whites. And for the cream and chocolate cake, we recommend following the same recipe and covering the cake with melted chocolate, or incorporate 200 grams of flour and 50 grams of pure cocoa powder into the dough.