Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This Blackberry Coconut Vegan Panna Cotta is a refreshing late-summer dessert made with blackberries and coconut milk. Perfect vegan and dairy free.
Autumn is already around the corner, and here I am, feverish and sneezing all day. Is anyone else already down with the seasonal cold? Actually, I call it cold after the holidays.
Oh yes, we have been away for a while, enjoying our holidays in lovely and very warm Greece! We had a break from the computer, from the kitchen and from work, we swam a lot, ate delicious Greek food and took it easy.
But, the holidays are over and we are back and working again. By the way, if you want to see a post about our holidays in Greece, the places we visited and the food we ate, please let us know in the comments below (or on social media) and we will gladly share our photos with you.
So, while we are back, we are already saying goodbye to the last fruit of the summer, and oh, we are going to miss it in the fall and winter.
As a farewell to a beautiful summer, we made a delicious vegan coconut and blackberry panna cotta, shown below:
Follow us on PINTEREST!
And if you, like me, are afraid of making a vegan panna cotta, fear not! This Blackberry Coconut Vegan Panna Cotta is ridiculously easy to make, requiring only a couple of ingredients and likes 10 minutes of cooking. Could it be easier?
Simply crush a few berries, strain to remove the seeds, add coconut milk, lemon, sugar and agar agar, cook for a couple of minutes, transfer to jars, and allow to cool. That's basically it!
Now, head to your kitchen and make this dessert right away 😀
Vegan coconut and blackberry panna cotta
Performance: 4 4 Preparation time: 10 minutes Time to cook: 10 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
This Blackberry Coconut Vegan Panna Cotta is a refreshing summer dessert made with blackberries and coconut milk.
- 1 cup blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 can of coconut milk (full fat)
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of agar agar
- blackberries frecas
- Toasted coconut flakes
- With a fork or in a blender, mash the berries until you get a pulp. Strain the pulp through a strainer to remove the seeds.
- Pour the blackberry pulp into a small saucepan, add coconut milk, lemon juice, regular sugar, and coconut sugar and agar agar. Whisk to combine, then bring the mixture to a boil and, over medium heat, simmer for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the agar agar has melted, remove it from the stove, let it cool for a minute or two, then pour the mixture into small durable glasses. Let cool completely on the counter. At the beginning of the cooling process, you may need to stir the mixture occasionally to fully combine it, or the coconut milk will probably separate. You only need to do this every two minutes or so until the liquids begin to solidify. After that, don't shake it anymore, just let it rest and cool down.
- Once cooled, cover the jars with a lid and transfer to the refrigerator to continue cooling and firming for at least 2 hours, or ideally overnight.
- When you're ready to serve, remove the vegan panna cotta from the refrigerator, remove the lids, garnish with fresh berries or berry sauce, and add a pinch of toasted coconut flakes.
Calories: 234.4 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 15.8g Sodium: 98.6mg Carbs: 22.5g Fiber: 7.7g Sugar: 13.9g Protein: 2.1g More dessert recipe ideas here>
You can connect with us on our Instagram and Facebook or on Pinterest. We share lots of behind-the-scenes photos and step-by-step recipes on our Instagram Stories, so be sure to check it out!
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using @RecetasLatinas and tagging us @RecetasLatinas. We are always happy to read your feedback and LOVE to see your thoughts on our recipes.