Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This is the BEST homemade cake! I have been making this recipe for years and realized that I had never shared it on the blog. I had to rectify that supervision as soon as possible!
I got this recipe from a coworker over 15 years ago. She was an amazing – and graciously shared some of her best cake recipes with me. This homemade cake has become a staple in our home. Is incredible. Light and fantastic flavor. Perfect with just a tablespoon of whipped cream and some berries. It's also great with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
The key to making the BEST homemade cake is to have all of its ingredients at room temperature. Eggs, butter, milk, everything. I usually prepare everything in the morning and bake the cake at lunchtime. It never fails me!
Make this homemade cupcake the next time you need a dessert. It is ideal for lunch and dinner. It is also a great homemade gift! If you decided to keep all this, you can freeze the cake and enjoy it later. I like to cut it and wrap it twice in plastic freezer wrap. Perfect when you want a quick sweet !!
Performance: 1 cake recipe (10 inches)
Follow us on PINTEREST!
The best homemade cake
Preparation time: 10 MIN Cooking time: 1 hour and 15 minutes Total time: 1 hour and 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups of sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2-3 / 4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt skillet.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter and butter.
- Add sugar, whisking until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Combine the sifted flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter / sugar mixture, alternating with milk.
- Add flavors.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the inserted wooden spout comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely.
All images and text
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 Sponge cake best