Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This green milkshake It is a simple, healthy and nutrient-rich recipe that will feed your mornings! From apples to spinach to bananas, these healthy ingredients are a great way to introduce more vegetables into your daily routine. Trust me, this is a drink that you are going to want to make over and over again.
You have probably come across many healthy green smoothie recipes in your life. But do you discover that you are very hungry right afterwards or that it lacks flavor? Well, after doing a lot of testing, I can definitely say that I have created the perfect green smoothie.
So it's time to ditch the store-bought shakes and mix yours at home! Chances are this is much more delicious and complete with the right nutrients.
Green Smoothie Recipe Video
This is an easy smoothie recipe (especially in a Vitamix) and it only takes a minute. Look the following video to see how fast you join!
Tips for a healthy smoothie
If you haven't read my post on making the healthiest green smoothie, be sure to do so. But here are some quick tips:
- Add more greens: If you want that boost in vitamins, minerals and nutrients, use fresh produce from your farmer's market or local market. You don't want withered or dirty vegetables lacking in nutrients. Some green leaves that mix well are kale, spinach, or Swiss chard. But feel free to trade it in for celery, mustard greens, or romaine lettuce!
- Stick with a healthy liquid foundation: Since you will already be adding fruit to your smoothie, it is best not to add additional sugars with fruit juice. Instead, opt for water, coconut milk, or any nut milk, such as almond milk or cashew milk.
- Mix your fruits: For most people, the 2: 1 ratio of fruits to vegetables is a good rule of thumb. Some of my favorite fruits to cut and freeze are apples, bananas, strawberries, mangoes, or pineapple.
- Don't forget about healthy fats.: If you didn't know, healthy fats help absorb all the nutrients from vegetables and fruits, so this is crucial! You can do this simply by adding coconut oil, nuts, seeds, or 1/4 avocado.
- Boost with superfoods: While the above 4 steps make a perfectly good green smoothie, it doesn't hurt to add extra superfoods or mixes, just like I do in my post-workout green smoothie recipe. You can add spices like cinnamon or ginger and superfoods like maca powder or bee pollen.
Green smoothie ingredients
While the ingredient list is extremely flexible, this is one of my favorite combinations that is simple but delicious:
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- Milk– 1 1/2 cups milk, or any nut milk
- Spinach– 2 fully packed cups
- Banana– 1 banana (frozen is the best)
- Apple– 1 apple cut into pieces
- Avocado– 1/4 avocado
How to make the best green smoothie
Just pour the above ingredients into a high power blender and mix for about 30 seconds. That's! At the end, you'll have a deliciously creamy and vibrant smoothie.
- If you like your smoothies a little thickerAdd another 1/4 slice of avocado. If you like your smoothies a little thinner Or if you want to save some calories, you can substitute milk with water.
- Do not add ice cubes since it will dilute the smoothie. The best way to keep the smoothie cold is to use a frozen banana.
More easy smoothie recipes
If you're looking for more smoothie ideas for your weekly rotation, here are some of my favorites:
BEST green smoothie recipe (5 ingredients)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 servings
This green milkshake It is a simple, healthy and nutrient-rich recipe that will feed your mornings! Watch the video above Let's see how I do it!
- 1 1/2 cups walnut milk or dairy milk
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 apple
- 1/4 cup avocado
- more optional accessories
- Remember to freeze your bananas ahead of time! I cut my bananas in half and then put them in a Stasher bag in the freezer.
Calories: 163kcal, Carbs: 29g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 5g, Saturated fat: 1g, Sodium: 270mg, Potassium: 567mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 17g, Vitamin A: 2927IU, Vitamin C: 20mg, Calcium: 260mg Iron: 1mg