Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
- 1 kg of minced chicken meat
- 1/3 cup coriander
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons of Thai seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime rind, finely grated
- 1/2 cup of sweet chili sauce
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of peanut oil
- 1 cup plain flour
Put all the ingredients except the peanut oil and flour in a large bowl and mix well.
Roll a little larger than the size of a golf ball and flatten. Make small patties about 1 cm thick.
Place on a plate lightly sprinkled with flour or baking paper.
Lightly sprinkle the top of the patties with flour.
Heat the peanut oil in a large skillet and cook the patties over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until well cooked.
All ingredients except eggs, breadcrumbs, flour and peanut oil can be combined and refrigerated a day in advance.
Sweet chili sauce or chopped fresh red chili can be added or reduced to suit individual taste. I serve the empanadas with a dipping sauce made up of 1 cup of sour cream, dulce cup of sweet chili sauce and chopped coriander to taste.