Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This has been a strange "winter". At least in this part of the country, winter seems to have skipped us. Believe me, I'm not complaining either! I don't get along with the snow and cold… those are “four letter bad words” for me! I am always excited this time of year, when I start to see the flowers return … the birds sing … the grass begins to grow … the spring rains … I love it! I remember Louis Armstrong's song, "What a Wonderful World" … and really, I thank God for all the beauty He has given us in the world. I also know that that means summer is drawing near to us and all the wonderful things that go with it, like picnics, barbecues and trips to the beach. One of my favorite dishes is fruit salad. It is like summer for your mouth. The good thing about this is that you can change the fruits to what you have on hand or to the taste of your family.
Tastes like summer fruit salad
One of my favorite dishes is fruit salad. It is like summer for your mouth.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, reserved juice
- 2 apples, cored and diced into small pieces
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 (21-ounce) peach pie filling
- 2 kiwis
- 1/2 cup grapes, cut in half
- 1 pint of strawberries, shelled
- In a small bowl, mix the chopped apples into the reserved pineapple juice. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. (This helps avoid browning.)
- In a large salad bowl, combine the peach filling and pineapple chunks.
- Remove the apples from the juice and add it to the cake filling and pineapple mixture. Add the chopped bananas to the reserved pineapple juice and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Peel and cut the kiwi and strawberries into small pieces.
- Remove the bananas from the pineapple juice and add them to the cake filling mixture. Add strawberries and chopped grapes; throw together
- Chill and serve.
|Amount per proportion||As served|
|Calories 254kcal Calories from fat 7 7|
|% Daily value|
|Total fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary fiber 7g||28%|
|Protein 2 g|
Daily value percentages are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
All images and texts © Jamie Sherman for © Love Bakes Good Cakes. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link to this post to see the recipe.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm really looking forward to homemade pizza and a Pictionary game with the family tonight.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All rights reserved