Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Tacos Huevos Rancheros – Soft tortillas filled with homemade refried beans, eggs, green chilies, tomatoes, cheese and diced avocado. Simple, but incredibly delicious!
If I were president, my first request would include an obligation Brinner to be added to everyone's weekly dinner menu. Would also include these Tacos Huevos Rancheros as the best Brinner idea of EVER!
FYI: For those who are not in the to know, Breakfast for dinner = Brinner. Genius!
Hey, hello! Happy Sunday! Guess what?!? It's FREEZING here! I'm so over the top!
Too? I went on a date last night. Yes, of course, with the husband! It was our postponed dinner for Valentine's Day because, you know, Antarctica has decided to unplug all plans. What a beast! Go away.
In other semi-related news? Thiiiiiis food! I am speechless! I love him so much!
Surprisingly, with the amount of Mexican-inspired dishes I prepare, I would never ask anyone to join me for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. That is so weird! I mean, I love your food THIS, but I'm never in the mood to eat out at a restaurant. On the other hand, I am the girl who goes out to eat about 5 times in a whole year, and I only go because that is a way in which I will be able to sit down and talk with my friends, without children.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Lately I've been dealing with foods that are basically made, like my One-Pot Lemon Chicken & Potatoes, but this food is not one of them. I know. I'm sorry, I'm not sorry. Trust me, they are worth it! Also, I'm just asking you to mash beans and fry some eggs, too easy. Chop an avocado too. And sprinkle some cheese. I mean, that's not much work, is it? Again. Worth it.
By the way, have you ever had breakfast for dinner? NOT!?! Should you change that? YUSSSS! Stat! Like now. Tonight! COME ON!
Do you want more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a new slice of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest recipes and updates.
SEE HOW TO MAKE EGG RANCHER TACOS
Tacos Huevos Rancheros Preparation time 10 minutes Cook time 15 minutes Total time 25 minutes Soft tortillas filled with homemade refried beans, eggs, green chilies, tomatoes, cheese and diced avocado. Course: Dinner Cuisine: Mexican Servings: 8 Calories: 294 kcal Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2 to 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) dark red beans, well rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 eggs
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (6 inches), heated
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 Cup of grated cheese of Mexican skim mixture
- 1 avocado, diced
- fresh lime juice
- fresh parsley or fresh coriander, chopped, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the chopped onions and season with salt; cook 3 minutes or until transparent.
- Add minced garlic and continue cooking for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add beans; season with cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the beans have softened.
- Remove from heat and, using the back of a fork or potato masher, mash the beans until they resemble a thick mashed potato. Set aside.
If you want softer beans, reheat and add 1/4 cup of water; simmer until the beans are thick and even in consistency. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Break the eggs and gently slide them into the pan, one at a time. (In my pan, I can lay about 4 eggs at a time).
- Reduce the heat to low and cook slowly until the whites are completely firm and the yolks begin to thicken, but are not hard.
- Carefully slide a spatula under each egg and turn; Cook until done. Add more olive oil as needed.
- Divide and spread the prepared beans evenly over hot tortillas and top with cooked eggs.
- Add diced tomatoes and green chilies over eggs.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Add diced avocados and squeeze fresh lemon juice over each prepared taco.
- Garnish with parsley or coriander.
- To serve.
SMART POINTS WW: 9
Key words: Mexican breakfast, taco recipes, vegetarian dinners.
TACO A LA CASEROLA
BREAKFAST IN LAYERS TORTILLA PIE