Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, visit my disclosure page.
If I had to choose a favorite type of ethnic food, I couldn't do it. My husband would probably tell you that his is Italian with Mexican / Latino second. I personally love everything, as long as it doesn't have beans! 😉 This taco lasagna is easy enough for a weekday meal and is a nice change from normal tacos or burritos.
If I had to choose a favorite type of ethnic food, I couldn't do it. My husband would probably tell you that his is Italian with Mexican / Latino second. Personally, I love everything, as long as I don't have beans! 😉 This taco lasagna is easy enough for a weekday meal and is a nice change from normal tacos or burritos.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 on taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 oz.) Black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 oz.) Refried beans
- 3 cups (12 oz.) Mexican cheese mix, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper, and onion until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 3-4 minutes. Add black beans and tomatoes. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Place 2 tortillas in a 13x9x2 inch greased fat. Baking dish. Spread half of the beans on the tortillas. Top with half of the meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat the layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese. Cover and bake at 350 ° F for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
|Amount per proportion||As served|
|Calories 541kcal Calories from fat 270|
|% Daily value|
|Total fat 30g||46%|
|Saturated fat 13g||Sixty-five%|
|Trans fat 1g|
|Dietary fiber 8g||32%|
Daily value percentages are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
All images and texts © Jamie Sherman for © Love Bakes Good Cakes. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link to this post to see the recipe.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Hope you enjoy!
Shared at these fun parties!
Featured in Chocolate Chocolate and More Chocolate, Meals Prepared for Busy Moms, Jam Hands and Recipes for My Boys