Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Slow Cooked Sweet Potato Soup is creamy, thick, rich and flavorful, as well as smooth and comforting! This warm dish is perfect for cold weather!
I like to buy this vegetable in bulk because it keeps well and is versatile. It's perfect for fall with its flavor, just like our recipes for pumpkin pie, French toast casserole with blueberries and creamy spinach. Look at these!
Crockpot Sweet Potato Soup
Slow cooker sweet potato soup may not be the fastest to make, but this recipe has no problems. And what I mean by that is you can put the ingredients in the pot and then forget about it for a while.
If possible! Using the crockpot has that advantage and more. Slow cooking helps bring out flavors that in turn melt beautifully for a long time and are not destroyed by intense heat.
And this potato recipe is a winner in my book! While potatoes are naturally sweet and creamy, those qualities are amplified multiple times in this dish.
Let the richness of this vegetable go hand in hand with spices, seasonings and dairy. And, this recipe is also quite versatile. As long as you think certain flavors go well with it, you can freely substitute it. Try it now!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
What do you need to make a slow cooker sweet potato soup?
In addition to the sweet potatoes, you will need the following:
- aromatic: onion, garlic, and ginger provide depth
- spices– Curry paste, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, bell peppers, and salt pair well with the earthy flavors of sweet potatoes
- liquids: To make the base, use low sodium broth
- cream– Add thick cream and peanut butter for a richer flavor and creamier
- hedges: more cream, coriander and walnuts are excellent options
In addition, you will need a masher or blender to puree the potatoes and turn them into a thick, smooth soup.
How to make slow cook sweet potato soup?
- Prepare the ingredients: Wash and cut potatoes into uniform pieces. Put it in the pot along with the rest of the ingredients except the dairy and ingredients.
- Cook: Set on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6 hours until potatoes are tender.
- Mashed potatoes: With a hand mixer, mash and mash the potatoes.
- To serve: Add dairy and adjust flavor if necessary. Add ingredients on top and serve.
Tips for making slow cooker soup:
To get the most out of the slow cooker, learn these basic things:
- Add dairy at the end: It will curdle if added at the beginning. Therefore, it is best to add it towards the end or just before serving.
- Less liquid: Don't put too much liquid, just enough to cover the vegetables.
- Add spices at first: You can add the spices and seasonings along with the vegetables to make the flavors blend longer. However, avoid adding rosemary at first, as it turns sour when cooked for a long time.
- Skip first: While you can put ingredients directly into the slow cooker for most recipes, it's still worth skipping the meat along with the aromatics before simmering. This also releases much of the flavor, making your soup more delicious.
Sweet and creamy sweet potatoes can be substituted for other vegetables of the same texture and flavor. The best alternatives are:
- butternut squash
- white potatoes
How to store:
- Refrigerate: Chill this in the refrigerator for no more than 4 days.
- Freeze: This freezes well in freezer bags for up to 6 months. However, don't add any dairy as it doesn't freeze well.
- This can also be made in Instant Pot and check this out if you want to learn the stove version.
- Other ingredients you might like are cheese and bacon with sour cream or a little fresh coriander to accompany with coconut milk and dried chili peppers.
- Make sure the potatoes are cut as evenly as possible to ensure everything cooks at the same rate.
Sweet Potato Soup and Slow Cooker
: Servings: 6 servings Preparation time: 15 minutes Cook time: 6 hours 30 minutes Total time: 6 hours 45 minutes
- 1 sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (chopped)
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth (plus more if needed)
- 6 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Chopped peanuts or walnuts
- Drizzle of cream
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Wash and dice the sweet potatoes.
- Add all ingredients except heavy cream and ingredients to the pot.
- Cook over high heat for 4 hours, or over low heat and for 6 hours until the potatoes are tender.
- Using an immersion blender, mash and purée the soup until it is creamy.
- Add the thick cream and adjust the flavor if necessary. Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with the suggested ingredients.
Calories 301 Carbohydrates: 39 Protein: 8 Fat: 14 Saturated fat: two Cholesterol: 4 4 Sodium: 917 Potassium: 723 Fiber: 7 7 Sugar: 13 Vitamin A: 19303 Vitamin C: 6 6 Calcium: 169 Iron: two