Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons of Vegemite
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of kecap manis
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 long red chili, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of steamed Chinese broccoli * to serve
- steamed jasmine rice * to serve
Heat oil in large skillet. Cook chicken, turning, 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Add garlic to skillet and cook for 1 minute.
Combine Vegemite and boiling water in a small bowl until smooth. Add sauces, sugar, and vinegar. Add to the pan. Bring to a simmer. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Simmer, uncovered, turning the chicken occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is sticky.
Serve the chicken with Chinese broccoli and steamed rice. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with chili.
This recipe was created by Cathie Lonnie for the best recipes in Australia.
This recipe was photographed by Amber De Florio for Australia's best recipes.