Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
- 1 Liter Campbell Real Stock Chicken
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 800 g chicken thigh fillets
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1/4 pineapple, sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 thinly sliced Lebanese seedless cucumbers
- 2 tender onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes * to serve
- 1 handful of fresh mint * to serve
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper * to taste
Combine 1 cup broth, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, and thyme in a large bowl. Spice with salt and pepper. Add the chicken. Flip to wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, place rice and remaining broth in medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stand, covered, 5 minutes. Transfer the rice to a large tray. Cool completely.
Drain the chicken. Discard the marinade. Heat a grill over medium heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Increase heat to high. Add the pineapple. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until charred. Transfer to a board. Cut each slice in half.
Bandage: Meanwhile, combine ginger, lime juice, and remaining oil in small bowl. Spice with salt and pepper.
Chopping Chicken Combine rice, pineapple, bell pepper, and cucumber in large serving platter. Top with chicken. Drizzle with the dressing. Serve sprinkled with green onion, coconut and mint.
This recipe was created by Amira Georgy for the best recipes.
If you like the sound of this recipe, you may also like this couscous salad with spiced pearl and grilled lamb.