Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Berry desserts are hard to resist, like Schaum Single Cakes, Strawberry Cupcakes, or a Strawberry Citrus Smoothie and Fresh Ginger to wash it all down.
Sometimes the strawberry season can come and go so fast, it's easy to miss out on the delicious red berries at roadside stalls and at farmers markets. If you have been lucky enough to choose yours, the best thing you can do with them is serve them with lots of whipped cream and cake, in this case, cake.
How to make strawberry shortbread cookies:
Tart refers to a rich baked product that uses lard or fat. With these beauties, you use thick cream to get the fluffiest, fluffiest, and easiest cookie ever! No cutting butter or rolling is required. Read all about it in How to Make Cookies.
This cookie tutorial is for visual learners. For specific quantities and units, as well as an option to change the recipe quantity, take a look at the recipe at the bottom of the page.
They come together quickly, so preheat the oven to 450 degrees while preparing the cookie dough.
Collect the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. Do a little well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the thick cream. Stir the cream until combined, it will look shaggy.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Then roll the dough onto a floured work surface. Knead long enough to collect the dough, about 30 seconds. If you're having trouble, add another teaspoon of cream.
Next, form the dough into a circle or rectangle that is 3/4 ”high. Using a sharp knife or flour-dipped cookie cutter, cut your shapes, pressing down on the remaining dough rests to continue cutting the cookies.
Then place each cookie on a baking sheet. (If you like cookies a bit on the sweeter side, sprinkle the raw dough with a pinch of granulated sugar before putting them in the oven.) Bake for 15 minutes, rotating halfway through cooking, until the cookies are golden brown.
If you want to bake them a little later, you can cover the tray with plastic wrap and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
How to make strawberries:
Of course, if other berries call you by name, use raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries in addition to, or instead of, strawberries.
Not everyone has easy access to fresh berries from the patch, so here's how to make even basic grocery store strawberries (any summer berry, really) taste great every time – sugar and a pinch. of salt.
Cut the berries and add a little sugar and a pinch of salt. The sugar makes the berry juices flow, creating a lovely strawberry syrup, while the small amount of salt increases the flavor just a notch.
The fruit can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance.
How to make whipped cream:
Once you whip the cream at home, you probably never go back to the canned stuff. If you like unsweetened and unadulterated whipped cream, just whip the thick cream as it is. Otherwise, a little sugar and vanilla will never hurt anyone … It is broken down for you in How to Make Whipped Cream.
Whipped cream works best when the bowl and beaters are cold and icy, fresh from the freezer.
In a cold bowl, combine cream, sugar, and vanilla (this is optional) and beat with whisk attachment on your mixer until smooth peaks form (3 to 4 minutes) or firm peaks (6 to 8 minutes) . Be careful not to beat too much, or you will have something closer to butter than cream.
You can keep the whipped cream cold in the fridge until you need it.
Finally! Assemble the dessert:
Once cold, open a cookie horizontally so there is a top and bottom. Place the bottom of the cookie on the plate, then cover the bottom with a tablespoon or two of the macerated strawberries.
Add a large tablespoon of whipped cream, then top with the top of the freshly baked cookie, made from scratch. Hurrah! Three cheers for a strawberry shortcake recipe that's easy to make!
Other fun Strawberry Shortcake recipe ideas:
If you're not in the mood for cookies, don't let that stop you from making this classic dessert recipe. Here are other ways to enjoy strawberries and cream:
Angel cake. Bake a strawberry jelly cake and watch out for flying forks!
Strawberry cake with sponge cake. Easy Pound Cake is cuttable and wonderful when served with strawberries and cream.
Old fashioned milk cake. Hot milk cake is a soft and outdated cake that you are asking to be made just for a makeshift strawberry cake.
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes. Vanilla cupcakes can be split in half and enjoy a cake style if you crave a fluffier cake.
Type of American cuisine Preparation time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 20 minutes Servings: 6 short cakes Calories: 389 kcal
- 1 pound strawberries, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar or to taste (you can use more or less)
- 1 pinch of salt
For the cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (15 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream and more as needed
For the whipped cream:
- 1 cup thick cold cream
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
To make strawberries:
- In a medium bowl (at least 2 cups), combine the strawberries, sugar, and salt and stir well. Cover and refrigerate while preparing cookies (can be done up to 24 hours in advance).
- (This is a good time to put the metal bowl to mix and whisk the accessory in the freezer to chill the whipped cream.)
To make the cookies:
- Set the oven rack to the upper-middle position and heat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Add cream until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Spread the dough out on a lightly floured counter, roll into a ball, and knead briefly until smooth, about 30 seconds. If the dough crumbles too much, add an additional teaspoon of thick cream for a smooth dough (I added an additional 1 teaspoon of cream).
- Roll the dough into a 3/4 inch thick round. Dip a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter into flour and cut the cookies, recombining the leftovers as needed to produce 6 cookies. Place the rounds on a prepared baking sheet. (The cookie sheet can be wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 2 hours.)
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes, turning pan halfway through cooking. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
To make the whipped cream:
- For best results, chill the metal mixing bowl and beat the accessory in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes if you have not already done so.
- In a cold mixing bowl, combine cream, sugar, and vanilla (if using) and beat until soft peaks form, about 3 to 4 minutes, or until stiff peaks form, about 6 to 8 minutes (according to your preference).
- Whipped cream can be stored covered, in the refrigerator, for up to 10 hours.
To assemble the shortcakes:
- Divide each cookie in half and place the bottom half on a plate. Top with 1/4 cup strawberries and 1/4 cup whipped cream each. Top with remaining cookie halves.
I combined my cookie recipe and my whipped cream recipe with strawberries and sugar to make this Strawberry Shortcake recipe.
Calories :: 389kcal