Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Strawberry Crumble – Warm and nutty dessert combined with sweet strawberries and a crunchy crumble topping.
Plus … it's lit, enriched with protein and enriched with fiber! Healthy dessert?!? YUSSSS!
Happy Monday guys! How was the weekend? Did you have the best mother's day?
Let me tell you about mine …
I spent the whole morning explaining to a 5 year old boy why there is no Day dedicated to children My answer was clear and simple: “Every day is Children's Day" Ooooh girrrrl! I had the wrong answer!
She started crying and demanding that I call President Obama and ACCOUNT (don't ask) him to dedicate one day to children His list of demands grew, asking that, "… all children receive a Barbie cake, frozen powers … iPads for every child in the world because every child deserves to play" … The mind of a Kindergarten child. 😀
Later in the morning we went to my parents' house and enjoyed this warm Strawberry Crumble for brunch, right after some bacon, eggs and Mimosas. Me = happy!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Now it's Monday, and we know very well that every Monday begins with, "Starting today, I'm on a diet." Right?Due to that reality, I wanted to share this sweet sweetness with you for dessert. Trust me, it won't be long before you look for something to calm that sweet tooth.
HOW TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY CRUMBLE
This crumb is just a simple and sincere crumb. Start with juicy strawberries, a little sweet brown sugar, and a little butter. Topped with oatmeal, cinnamon, almond flour, and baked until crisp. That's a crispy topping and a warm and juicy filling. AND? 140 calories per serving. Love that!
Honestly? The sight of this sweet cake makes me want to do it again today and have it all to myself. 6 delicious servings just for me … but that would probably interfere with my diet plans for Mondays. Damn service suggestions!
We are going to prepare this crumble with any type of summer berries that you like because dessert is always our comfort.
Do you want more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a new slice of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest recipes and updates.
Strawberry Crumble Preparation time 15 minutes Cook time 30 minutes Total time 45 minutes
Warm, nutty dessert paired with sweet strawberries and a crispy crumble topping.
Course: Dessert Cuisine: American Servings: 6 servings Calories: 181 kcal Ingredients
- 6 cups (about 1-1 / 2 pounds) strawberries, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 of Cup of almond flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly grease an oval baking pan or 8-inch brownie pan with cooking spray.
- Place the strawberries in the bottom of the plate and mix with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar; mix until incorporated.
- Add the brown sugar mixture to the strawberries and mix to combine. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, oatmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and remaining brown sugar.
- Using your fingers, rub the butter until the mixture crumbles.
- Press the mixture between your fingers into small lumps and sprinkle over the strawberries.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the surface is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let stand a few minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Optionally top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
WW SmartPoints: 6
Keywords: strawberry crumble, strawberry dessert.
BASIL AND CHERRY CRUMBLE