Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Strawberry and Jalapeño Sauce ~ Juicy strawberries mixed with lime, coriander and finely chopped red onion, with the extra touch of jalapeño. Serve this healthy sauce with fish, tacos, chicken, steak, or just copy it with fries for the best spring and summer appetizer!
Make this strawberry sauce your signature recipe this summer!
If you have a barbecue or a casual meal to go, this will be your best friend. It is distinctive and I bet no one has had it before. It's sweet, spicy and spicy ~ it has it all happening. Strawberries are in full swing right now, so go for it.
A great sauce has the power to transform a boring meal into something really special.
I like to think outside the box as often as I can and find combinations that I don't see in the supermarket. It really does seem, with a few exceptions (hello bananas), that most fruits are amazing sauces. You shouldn't be surprised because, technically, even tomato is a fruit.
So far, some of my favorites have been Pineapple sauce, Apricot sauce and Melon sauce, but Mango and Citrus Sauces will always be my favorite favorites. If you love salsa as much as I do, try some of these others, and then create your own!
There's no need to hide the precise measurements with this strawberry jalapeño sauce because you can actually chop, drop, and taste as you go. These are just rough guidelines to help you get started.
Tips for making strawberry jalapeño sauce ~
- Remember, your sauce will only be as good as your strawberries ~ use ripe red berries and your results will be amazing.
- Do not do this more than an hour or so before serving. Like all sauces, it will wilt and the fruit will get a little soft. One hour is the optimal amount of time for flavors to mix and juices to start flowing. Longer than that and the sauce will slowly start to lose its fresh appearance.
- If you plan to serve your sauce with fries, be sure to cut the berries rather small.
Reader Rave ~
“It sucks to find my own recipes, but I am a champion at following them. We had a salsa contest at work and I decided to try doing this. It's so good! I wanted it to be more sauce, so I threw everything at the Ninja and mixed it up. WON! ~ Steph
Strawberry and jalapeño sauce
Juicy strawberries mixed with lime, coriander and finely chopped red onion, with the added touch of jalapeño. You can use it on fish, tacos, chicken, meats, or just pick it up with potato chips. It is the perfect snack for spring and summer!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Makes 6 servings
- 15-20 strawberries peeled and diced very small and uniform
- 1/3 medium red onion, finely chopped
- handful of coriander well rinsed, dry and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped, seeds and everything. (leave the seeds out for less heat)
- 1 lime juice
- fresh ground black pepper
Don't forget to check out this amazing strawberry jalapeño sauce!