Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This post may contain affiliate links.
After the past few weeks, you think I'd run out of strawberry recipes, but no.
However, this is the last one for a while. I think. But don't hold me to it.
If you need an easy 5-ingredient recipe that is foolproof and automatic success, look no further than these sticky bars.
The strawberry base is soft and chewy, there are white chocolate chips for extra texture, and condensed milk pokes out from the top. You could probably use milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips if you're averse to white chocolate.
The bars start with a box of strawberry cake mix. Did I mention that I love shortcuts? If you don't have, or don't have, a cake mix in your area, this may not be the recipe for you. I have not tried it in any other way than the cake mix. Don't follow the directions on the box because you're not making cake, you're making sticky sticks, so follow my instructions below.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Because the bars will be loose and sticky when you take them out of the oven, be sure to let them cool for a few hours (overnight if you can plan ahead) if you want clean squares because they are incredibly sticky. from the oven If you don't mind the presentation, look when you can't resist any more.
Sticky Bars of White Chocolate and Strawberry
If you need an easy 5-ingredient recipe that is foolproof and automatic success, look no further than these sticky bars. The strawberry base is soft and chewy, there are white chocolate chips for extra texture, and condensed milk pokes out from the top. Don't follow the instructions on the cake mix because you're not making cake, so follow my instructions below. Be sure to let them cool for a few hours (overnight if you can plan ahead) if you want nice clean squares.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, very smooth
- a 15.25 ounce box of strawberry cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- about 60% of a 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk (I use about 8 ounces, I use no fat)
- Preheat oven to 350F and cover 9×9-inch skillet with aluminum foil (highly recommended for easier cleaning) and spray with kitchen spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and beat with an electric hand mixer on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add cake mix, egg and beat on low speed to combine. The dough will be very thick; Keep beating until you go from pea-sized crumbs to a thick, sticky dough.
- Add one-half to two-thirds of the dough to the prepared skillet to form a smooth, even base layer. I use a spatula but I use your hands (sprayed with oil spray) if that is easier; set the remaining dough aside.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips evenly over dough.
- Sprinkle evenly with about 60% of the can (about 8 ounces) of sweetened condensed milk; just watch it.
- Add the rest of the dough into about 1-inch pieces over the sweetened condensed milk, pressing down lightly. You will not have full coverage; This is good.
- Bake for about 27 to 30 minutes or until edges are set and center is mostly set; ok if it is a little uneven. I judged the cooking point by looking at the edges and when they turned light golden brown, I took the pan out of the oven. Let the pan cool on a wire rack for at least 2 to 3 hours (overnight is best) or until the bars have hardened enough to cut. The bars are best fresh but will stay airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Adapted from Lemon Gooey Bars
Averie Cooks recipe. All images and content are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, retype the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post to see the recipe. Thank you.
Check out over 40 strawberry recipes HERE!
Strawberry Waffle Bars with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – Smooth, chewy, and full of strawberry flavor! The frosting and sparks make these easy, nonsense-proof bars taste even better! Perfect for parties and holidays!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Butter Sticks – A butter butter dough that is filled with cream cheese filling, icing, and strawberries! Easy and perfect for spring and summer parties!
Strawberry Cream Bars – Easily no mixing bars with a butter crust, a pound of fresh berries, a layer of sweet cream, and a creamy whipped topping! A perfect warm weather dessert that everyone loves!
Strawberry Lemonade Bars – Imagine crossing lemon bars with a strawberry cake. These easy bars taste like strawberry lemonade! So good!
Strawberry Cheesecake Bars: Soft buttery bars topped with cheesecake and swirls of strawberry jam. The best of all worlds in these fast, easy and amazing bars!
Sweet Strawberry Rolls with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – Smooth, buttery rolls filled with strawberry jam and topped with a spicy, sweet cream cheese frosting.
Half moon ring with lemon and strawberry
Strawberry and Cream Pie – A quick, easy and foolproof pie that is tinted by strawberry streaks! Super wet but light and perfect for spring and summer parties!
We are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees through advertising and links to amazon.com.