Steamed cauliflower, a quick, simple and healthy dish, ideal for weight loss diets. Although cauliflower is a vegetable that the little ones do not like much, since, in general, it is very difficult for them to eat it, if we accompany it with some potatoes we are left with a much more appetizing dish and, therefore, it may be easier to get consume this beneficial food. Also, at the end of cooking we can always sprinkle a little grated cheese.
Cauliflower can be cooked in many ways, but the most popular cooking methods are usually steamed or cooked in boiling water. This time we are going to prepare cauliflower steamed, since it is a very healthy way of eating this food and we manage to keep almost all its nutrients intact. Keep reading and discover in RecipesFree 5 ways to steam cauliflower.
4 diners 15m Dinner Low difficulty Additional features: Cheap cost, Recommended for vegans, Recommended for vegetarians, Recommended for weight loss, Steamed recipes Ingredients:
- 1 cauliflower
- 3 potatoes
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 jet of olive oil
Steps to follow to make this recipe: 1
We prepare the ingredients to start steaming cauliflower. For it, we wash the cauliflower well and we separate it into corsages.
In a steamer put the cauliflower sprigs.
Peel and cut the potatoes In small pieces so that they are cooked at the same time as the cauliflower, since it is cooked immediately.
We cover and leave steam cauliflower for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces.
We puncture to see if the cauliflower and the potato are tender and we remove.
We serve the steamed cauliflower recipe with potatoes in a platter with a little salt and a splash of olive oil. And if you are wondering how to season steamed cauliflower, in addition to these ingredients you can choose black pepper, thyme, rosemary or paprika, since steamed cauliflower with paprika is a delight. Likewise, it can be eaten alone during dinner, or at lunch accompanied by other healthy dishes, such as grilled chicken breast, baked sea bass or vegan fish. More recipes on my blog Cooking with Montse.
If you liked the recipe of Steamed cauliflower, we suggest you enter our Cauliflower Recipes category.
Other ways to steam cauliflower: 4 recipes
If you do not have a steamer you should know that there are other ways to make cauliflower steamed, such as in the microwave, in a fast pot or in a pan. How? Below we show four simple recipes:
How to steam cauliflower in the microwave: recipe with Lékué
- To make Lékué steamed cauliflower, we wash the cauliflower and separate it into bouquets.
- We put all the pieces in the container and season to taste. For example, we can sprinkle black pepper.
- We close the container and cook in the microwave for 6-8 minutes at maximum power. Depending on the microwave, the cooking time will be longer or shorter.
How to microwave cauliflower: recipe without Lékué
- We wash the cauliflower and cut the corsages.
- Put the pieces in a microwave-safe container and season to taste.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap and microwave it for 8 to 14 minutes, at maximum power. Depending on the microwave, it may take more or less time.
- To promote steam cooking, we can introduce a glass of water. Of course, when microwave cauliflower is ready, we recommend not touching the glass until it is completely cold.
How to steam cauliflower in a fast pot
- We wash the cauliflower and separate the corsages.
- We put the cauliflower in the pot and pour a little water, enough to cover a little less than half of the pieces.
- Season to taste, close the pot and put it on high heat.
- When it begins to expel the steam, we lower the heat to medium and cook the cauliflower steamed in an express pot for 3-4 minutes.
- We turn off the heat, remove the steam and open the pot.
How to steam cauliflower without steamer: recipe with strainer
- We wash the cauliflower and chop it.
- We place a pot with a little water on the fire.
- When it boils, lower the temperature to steam the cauliflower over medium heat and put a strainer on top. The strainer must be metallic.
- Inside the strainer we introduce the cauliflower and cover with a lid with holes.
- If we see that the water evaporates too much, we will have to add more, always hot.
- In this way it can take about 8-10 minutes for steamed cauliflower without a steamer.