Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This cheese ball is perfect for parties because it is easy to throw in advance. All the comfort of a cheese ball but with an Asian touch: coconut, lime, ginger and Sriracha almonds.
A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law Sandi congratulated me on my French braid. I was grateful but a little confused. "I started braiding my hair like 2 years ago, while living in your house even!"
"Yes, but I mean, now it really looks good." Oh so you mean my hair has basically looked like a 4 year old braid for the last 2 years? THANKS Sandi. Tell me now
Does a genuine compliment today cancel the two years of compliments you just received? PS: In totally unrelated news, I spent all morning YouTubing braiding tutorials.
Tomorrow we are heading to Utah for Eric's sister's wedding. Which means that our fridge is purposely empty. Which means that when I opened it to discover dinner (too late) last night, all I could see was a bright and glorious Asian cheese ball, and a part of me said to myself, you can't feed your kids with cheese for dinner. , and then the other part said, it has almonds and carrots, that's healthy. Dinner, DONE. Without regrets.
This cheese ball is a dream thing, boys. I know, I know, cheese balls are hard to take seriously because, well, they're called cheese balls. Why couldn't they have gone with cheese spheres? Well, whatever, this is the cheese ball to finish off all the cheese balls. Have I already made you feel uncomfortable? Cheeseballcheeseballcheeseball
Follow us on PINTEREST!
There is coconut cream mixed in, which should not be confused with coconut milk. Coconut cream is thicker and more solid at room temperature (see note). I love the nuance that the coconut adds. Sriracha's chopped almonds are the icing on the cake! Yes, that's right, I said Sriracha Almonds. Awesome right? They are so good.
Do you give up? Or are you thirsty for more? Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
Developed by Simple Recipe Pro Recipe Plugin
Asian cheese ball
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut cream *
- 1 green onion
- 2-3 teaspoons of ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons of Sriracha (to taste)
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 or 1/2 cup coriander
- black pepper to taste
- 1 can of Sriracha Blue Diamond Almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- Cookies, to serve
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine cream cheese, coconut cream, onion, ginger, garlic, carrot, salt, Sriracha, lime zest, coriander, and black pepper.
- When everything is mixed, pour the mixture into the center of a large sheet of plastic wrap. Lift up the sides of the plastic and twist it, or tie it with a tie. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Chop the Sriracha almonds to the level of coarseness you want. Chop the coriander. Spread the chopped walnuts on a plate and add the coriander, mixing it up a bit.
- Unwrap the cheese from the plastic. Place the cheese ball on top of the walnuts and cilantro, and flip or roll to coat the outside with walnuts. At this point, you can wrap it up again to save for later, or serve immediately with cookies.
by The food charlatan
* Coconut cream is NOT the same as coconut milk. It can be found in the Asian aisle at most grocery stores.
Also, I like the flavor that coconut cream adds, but I think it would taste good if you left it out. The recipe as written makes a rather smooth cheese ball; it will be softer than the consistency of cold cream cheese. If you're short on time, add less coconut cream to make it settle faster.
More FTW dives!
Pepper Cheese Dip:
Buffalo Cheese Dip:
Terrine of goat cheese, pesto and sun-dried tomato:
Most tempting cheese balls!
Easy Cheese Ball by Yummy Healthy Easy Hawaiian Cheese Ball by The Girl Who Ate Everything Buffalo Cheese Cheese Ball by What’s Cooking Love
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. All the opinions are mine! Thank you for supporting the brands that keep The Food Charlatan running!