Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This weekend I prepared this delicious S’mores Snack Mix recipe for all of us to enjoy for dessert. We were fortunate to take some time off over the weekend. It was very necessary. Children always enjoy making S’mores after we have a grill. Instead of traditional S’mores, we decided that a S’Mores Snack Mix would be perfect.
S’mores Snack Mix Recipe
I bought a Golden Grahams cereal (one of my children's favorite cereals) and we always have marshmallows and chocolate chips on hand. This S’mores snack mix recipe is a snap to make for a last-minute dessert.
S’mores Snack Mix is perfect for grilling desserts. You can mix some of the mix in individual cups and have a handy snack for everyone to enjoy. I plan to redo this S’mores Snack Mix recipe for our July 4th barbecue. The husband and children ate every last crack of this sweet mixture. It was the husband who decided to toast the marshmallows for the mixture. The idea was perfect. The roasting of the marshmallows allows the mixture to get a little sticky.
Get some Golden Grahams cereal (hopefully with a coupon), some marshmallows, and some chocolate chips to whip up a batch of this S’Mores snack mix. Just a few minutes and you will have a delicious delicacy.
INGREDIENTS2 cups Golden Grahams cereal 2 cups chocolate chips 2 cups mini marshmallows Powdered sugar (optional)
ADDRESSESPut the oven on low heat. Line a baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper. Spread marshmallows on a prepared sheet. Place under the broiler until marshmallows begin to brown. Remove silicone mat or parchment paper immediately from skillet and put in freezer for 10-15 minutes. Marshmallows may still be too sticky for handling optionally sprinkle with powdered sugar to reduce stickiness. Combine marshmallows, chocolate, and cereal in bowl 1 at a time to mix well.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
S’mores Snack Mix Recipe
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Optional powdered sugar
- Put the oven on low heat.
- Line a baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Spread marshmallows on a prepared sheet.
- Place under the broiler until the marshmallows begin to brown.
- Remove the silicone mat or parchment paper immediately from the pan and put it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Marshmallows may still be too sticky for you to handle, so you can optionally sprinkle them with powdered sugar to reduce stickiness.
- Combine marshmallows, chocolate, and cereal in bowl 1 at a time to mix well.