Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin stuffed with blue cheese is quick to make and loads of flavor!
THANKS TO SMITHFIELD MARINATED FRESH PORK FOR SPONSORING THIS POST AND TO MY READERS WHO HELP ME SUPPORT THE BRANDS I LOVE!
Seriously, who wouldn't love a juicy bacon-wrapped pork loin?
A couple of weeks ago I told you how often we cook pork loin around here when I shared my Smoked Sweet Green Chili Soup with you. Which is a lot, in case you haven't seen that delicious recipe yet. Pork tenderloin is so good for an easy weekday meal that I always have one ready in my fridge. The soup I made shows just how versatile a cut is (and the fact that it's so thin is just a bonus), but this bacon-wrapped pork loin? This is my favorite so far.
I also didn't use any pork tenderloin. I picked up a fresh pork tenderloin marinated in Applefield smoked bacon from Smithfield, it's true, it tastes like bacon. It is so good on its own. We launched one on the grill last week and did nothing to it! 25 minutes later we had a tender and juicy pork loin with little effort.
I filled the Smithfield Applefield Smoked Bacon marinated fresh pork tenderloin steak with a nice blue cheese (about a quarter to a half cup) and then wrapped it all in Smithfield bacon. Pork with pork is always a good idea, in my opinion. To make the flavors stand out, I brushed the bacon-wrapped pork loin with a mixture of honey and balsamic vinegar. It is such a simple step but it really unites the flavors.
This recipe meets in about 30 minutes, from start to finish! It is perfect for busy week nights, but elegant enough to serve guests. My daughters loved it (I'm lucky they are both blue cheese lovers like me)!
Don't worry if some blue cheese is spilled. Bacon helps keep everything together and also helps keep pork tenderloin very moist. I can add some dried cherries to blue cheese the next time I do it (doesn't it sound delicious?). Because there will definitely be a next time!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Below is another recipe that uses the pork tenderloin steak with smoked bacon that looks so good! For a chance to win a trip to the Napa Wine Region and other prizes, visit the Smithfield Real Flavor, Real Fast website and share your tips and tricks for using Smithfield's marinated pork products for dinner at the table at 30 minutes or less.
Smoked bacon pork loin with blue apple stuffed with blue cheese
- 1 fresh pork tenderloin marinated with smoked bacon and Smithfield apple
- 8-10 slices of Smithfield bacon, uncut
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Brown the pork loin in a hot skillet with a little vegetable oil over medium-high heat until golden brown on all sides. Cut a large indentation lengthwise on the pork loin, being careful not to cut it completely. Fill with blue cheese and keep closed.
- Place the bacon on a large cutting board with slightly overlapping edges along the length. Place the tenderloin over the bacon. Slowly roll the tenderloin and bacon until the tenderloin is completely covered.
- Place the bacon on a wire baking rack on a sheet tray (cover the sheet tray with aluminum foil, if desired, for easy subsequent cleaning). Mix honey and vinegar, then spread half over bacon.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Brush with remaining honey mixture, return to oven and cook another 5 minutes or until pork tenderloin is cooked through.
- Let the pork rest 10 minutes, then cut and serve.
Smoked Blue Pig With Loin Apple Cheese Stuffed Bacon