Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
- 1 garlic
- 1 bunch of rosemary
- 1 roast shoulder of lamb, on the bone
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- 500 ml Massel * liquid-style chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 bunch minced mint
* Massel is recommended by the best recipes in Australia
Preheat the oven to 150C.
Separate the garlic cloves.
Place ½ rosemary and ½ garlic on the base of a roasting pan.
Put your shoulder on top. Unroll it if you use a rolled one.
Top with the rest of the garlic and rosemary, and the olive oil.
Cover tightly with foil and bake for 4-5 hours.
Rest 15 minutes before serving. Reserve the juices of the pan.
Sauce: Place roast, try on plate over medium heat.
Add the flour and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Boil until thick, then add red wine vinegar, capers, mint and 2 tablespoons of pan juices.
Serve with lamb.
- 1 large roasting pan
This is the cutest lamb you will ever have, and please make the sauce, it really is the dish!
Use the rack of lamb on the bone, or boneless and rolled, and 2 tablespoons of juices from the roasting pan.
Slow Roast Roast