Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
The White Chicken Chili Slow Cooker is a hearty wonder, perfect for fall. Set up a bunch of colorful and tasty ingredients and let everyone help themselves.
What about White Chicken Chili? Turn it into a party with a fun and healthy vegetarian pizza, or cowboy caviar and a basket of corn chips. So yes, make a plate of Baked Peanut Butter Bars for dessert.
Serve hot from the crock pot for game day, tailgate parties, or after the pumpkin patch. Guests can add their own ingredients as they see fit. Then step back and watch the crowd go wild.
White Chicken Chili Ingredients:
- Chicken. Boneless, skinless breasts work great, but you can also use the leftover roast chicken, just add the cooked chicken to the slow cooker when you add the cream cheese.
- Beans. Canned Northern White Beans (you need two 15-ounce cans for a recipe)
- Corn. Frozen corn, or fresh corn cut off the cob.
- Canned green chilies. The Hatch brand makes delicious new Mexican soft chili peppers. These are easy to find and sold in small cans. (However, if you can't find soft green chilies, use the same amount of green sauce.)
- Onions and garlic.
- Chicken soup.
- Spices: Dried oregano, ground cumin and chili powder.
- Cayenne pepper. Don't worry, cream cheese moderates the heat.
- Cream cheese. Or Neufchâtel cheese, which is not much different from cream cheese. Both are creamy, spicy and dense cheeses that melt into soups and stews like a dream.
- Half and half.
- Coriander Optional, of course, especially if you hate coriander.
White Chicken Chili Ingredients:
- Grated or crumbled cheese
- Sour cream.
- Chopped cilantro.
- Fried or crispy corn tortilla strips.
- Chopped tomatoes.
- Pickled onions or shallots.
How to make slow cooker white chicken chili:
How to make creamy white chicken with chili? A little cream cheese and a little half and half. It is not in the water, but it is delicious. For this chili, cream cheese and half and half are added later, a few minutes before serving, to make this chicken chili a little richer.
If you are looking for a healthy chicken and chili recipe without cream cheese, just don't use it. Serve a little sour cream along with the chili for those who want it.
- First, add the chicken, beans, corn, green chilies (with juice), onion, and garlic to the slow cooker. Then pour the chicken stock, cumin, oregano, and chili powder. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper, if you like things a little spicy.
- That is basically it. Cover the pot and cook LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- When you're done cooking, remove the chicken to a bowl and shred it with a few forks. Add it back to the slow cooker.
- Then add the cream cheese and half and half. Sprinkle the coriander, if you're using it. Cook the chili on HIGH for 15 minutes until it thickens.
- To serve, pour into bowls and top with your choice of great stuff.
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili:
Electric pressure cookers are hands-free and make White Chicken Chili easy, all in under an hour. That is how:
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- First, place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the instant pot and add the stock, corn, beans, spices, onion, and garlic.
- Then cover with lid and seal. Change the valve to the "sealed" position and cook for 20 minutes at high manual pressure. Once you are done cooking, allow it to naturally depressurize for 10 minutes and then switch the valve to the "vent" position to fully release the steam before opening the lid.
- Then, remove the chicken breasts to a mixing bowl and destroy them with a pair of forks. Return the chicken to the pressure cooker.
- Add half and half, cream cheese and coriander, and stir until melted. The pot generally has a heat-holding function that can continue to heat the chili.
Delicious ways to change slow cooker white chicken chili:
- Ro * tel. Who says you can't eat White Chicken Chili with Ro * tel? Throw a can, juice and everything.
- Black beans. If you like black beans in chili, substitute white beans. It will taste the same.
- Healthy white chili chicken. Omit the cream cheese and half and half, and blend some of the beans to make the broth-based chili creamy without cream.
- Green sauce Without chili peppers? Tomatillo-based green sauce gives the correct amount of acidic punch in this recipe.
Without a doubt, a large bowl of homemade chili is one of the most delicious things, especially when it's cold outside. But sometimes, even with the best chili recipe, it's easy to get a little bored with ground beef, tomatoes, and red beans.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed from excess fat
- 2 (15-ounce) cans large northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 2 cans (4 ounces) diced green chilies, smooth, undrained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To top it off:
- Sliced avocado, jalapeños, grated cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro and / or tortilla strips.
- In a slow cooker, add chicken, beans, corn, green chilies, and juice, onion, and garlic. Add the chicken stock, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper (if used).
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours. Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, crumble, then return to slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese, half and half, and coriander (if used). Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thick.
- Stir until evenly combined and season to taste with salt and pepper (I like 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper). Serve as desired with avocado, jalapeños, grated cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, and / or tortilla strips.
Yield: about 9 cups
Calories :: 351kcal
White Slow Cooker Pot Chicken Recipe