Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This slow cooker garlic butter chicken and potatoes is an easy meal to use with just 5 minutes of prep time! Juicy chicken breasts and tender potatoes in a garlic butter sauce. With the step-by-step recipe video below!
If there's a dinner that garlic butter doesn't make absolutely amazing, I'm not sure what it is.
This slow cooker garlic butter chicken and potatoes is such an easy dinner recipe: all you need is 5 minutes to mix in some melted butter and seasonings, toss some chicken breasts, potatoes and green beans in a pot and drizzle the butter on top.
Then simmer for a couple of hours until the potatoes are tender, and drizzle that buttery goodness out of the slow cooker.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Sure, you can add a salad or some extra steamed vegetables if you want (I've even included ways to add them directly to this slow cooker meal below), but the basics are here: a good source of protein and some veggies (yes Potatoes are vegetables, too, and they come in a stack of vitamins and nutrients!)
And if you're looking for something a little more extravagant, check out my Creamy Italian Chicken and Potato Crockpot!
This Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes recipe is another installment in my Six Ingredient Suppers series – discover everything you need to know for fun (including advanced ingredient lists, giveaways, and fresh weekly videos) in my introduction to Six Ingredient Suppers. here.
Find here all my Six Ingredient Supper recipes. I will add a new one every week!
Tips for making Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes:
- Make your chicken and potatoes cook in the same amount of time: this is the key for this recipe to be successful! Try to place your chicken and potatoes in an even layer and now pack your potatoes. If your pot is going to be very full, it may take longer to cook, so try shredding or cutting the potatoes into smaller pieces.
- Don't overcook– Neither cooked chicken breasts nor overcooked potatoes are particularly appetizing, and this can happen faster than you think when using the slow cooker! Some people incorrectly assume that you can cook anything all day in the slow cooker and it will be perfect and juicy – this is not the case! You need to find the sweet spot where it is perfectly cooked, and knowing that means knowing how your slow cooker works.
- Know your clay pot: Each slow cooker cooks a little differently, some hotter and some cooler. If you generally find that your meals are overcooked, your slow cooker is likely hot and you may want to check it sooner. My slow cooker gets a little warm, so if your slow cooker is colder, you may have to add an hour or two to the hours here.
- Spread your potatoes:Try to spread your potatoes in an even layer as best you can so they cook quickly. If necessary, push them down between the chicken breasts or discard them to cook more evenly.
Variations on this chicken and potatoes with garlic butter:
- Add additional vegetables or change green beans: broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers, roasted peppers, carrots – this would all be a great addition, but you should be careful when adding them. When you will actually add them depends on how cute you like them. Carrots can be added at the beginning of the cooking time. Broccoli, beans, peppers, etc., can be added in half or all the way, depending on how tender you want them to be.
- Add a pinch of Parmesan cheese before serving (or other grated cheese!)
- Trade chicken breasts for boneless thighs – you don't need to change the recipe at all.
- Exchange butter for margarine for a low fat meal.
- Add a pinch of cayenne for some kick!
More chicken and potato recipes:
- Chicken and Caprese Potatoes
- Aluminum foil and chicken packages with honey and garlic
- Chicken drumsticks with garlic and honey: frying pan dinner
- Parmesan Pesto Instant Pot Chicken Breast and Potatoes
Crockpot Garlic Butter Chicken and Potatoes
This slow cooker garlic butter chicken and potatoes is an easy meal to use with just 5 minutes of prep time! Juicy chicken breasts and tender potatoes in a garlic butter sauce. Course Main Dish American Cuisine Keyword crockpot chicken, slow cooker chicken and potatoes Preparation time 10 minutes Cooking time 3 hours Total time 3 hours 10 minutes Servings 4 servings Calories 433.47kcal
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound small potatoes, halved or quartered (See notes above)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup green beans
- Arrange chicken breasts in an even layer at the bottom of a 4-6 quart electric saucepan.
- Add the potatoes and spread in an even layer as much as possible.
- Combine butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and pour over chicken and potatoes.
- Simmer for 2-4 hours, depending on your slow cooker (how hot it is and how wide it is – the deeper the food, the longer it cooks).
- Add green beans for the last 30-60 minutes of cooking time, depending on the texture you prefer.
- Serve with remaining garlic butter in slow cooker.
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 Garlic Slow Cooker Butter Potatoes Chicken