Shrimp Scampi Zoodles for Two, a delicious garlic shrimp and lemon dish over zucchini noodles is a LET low carbohydrate dish that takes less than 20 minutes! It is also gluten free, paleo, whole 30 and keto!
Shrimp Scampi Zoodle
Ever since I bought my FAVORITE cooking music, the Inspiralizer I was hooked on! I have been swapping pasta with zucchini noodles ever since. It's the easiest way to make zucchini noodles, cucumber noodles, sweet potato spirals, spiralized beets and more! Before I own one, I used my mandolin, but it is so much faster and easier (and safer) with this fun gadget – you need one !!
I took a break from the zoodles for a few months because I may have done too much this summer, but now that it's January, I dusted off my spiralizer and made them all week.
Tips on how to make perfect zucchini noodles:
- Cut the noodles into 6 inch lengths to make them easier to eat.
- Do not cook zucchini for longer than 2 minutes or it will become watery. I usually cook it 1-1 / 2 minutes so they get solid heat. You can even eat it raw, just like in this amazing Raw Spiralized Zucchini Salad with Avocado and Edamame.
Zucchini noodles are also great in Asian dishes, try these Kung Pao Chicken Zoodles, under 300 calories! And if you love shrimp scampi, I think you'll love these shrimp Scampi Tacos!
Shrimp Scampi Zoodles for two
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Shrimp Scampi Zoodles for Two, a delicious garlic shrimp and lemon dish over zucchini noodles is a LET low carbohydrate dish that takes less than 20 minutes! It is also gluten free, paleo, Whole30 and keto!
- 2 medium zucchini, approx. 7 oz each
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter or olive oil for a whole30
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, split
- 4 minced garlic cloves, divided
- 12 large peeled and devised prawns, approx. 6.5 oz
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
Use a mandolin equipped with a julienne blade or a spiralizer to cut the zucchini into noodles. Cut the strips into 6 to 8-inch strips.
Melt butter and 1 teaspoon olive oil on medium heat in a large saucepan. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add shrimp, kosher salt and pepper, and saute until the shrimp has just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside.
Add the remaining oil and garlic to the skillet, cook 30 seconds, then add the zucchini noodles, kosher salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes with stirring.
Remove it from the heat, add the shrimp, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Toss well to combine and serve right away.
Make 2 servings. 6 prawns, half of the noodles.
Serving: 6 prawns, 1 zucchini, Calories: 161 kcal, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Protein: 11 g, Fat: 8 g, Saturated fat: 2.5 g, Cholesterol: 72 mg, Sodium: 76 mg, Fiber: 4g, sugar: 4g
Blue Smart Points: 3
Green smart points: 4
Purple Smart Points: 3
Points +: 4
Keywords: shrimp and zoodles, shrimp scampi, shrimp Scampi Zoodles, zucchini noodles
Don't miss a recipe!
Get new free recipes and exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox: