Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This post is sponsored by Princess Cruises.
You know how much I love to cook with shrimp. These quesadillas are the dot com bomb. Okay, did I just say that? I said it in my head and then I wrote it down. Ok, please don't laugh at me! 🙂
I've shared how to really relax on a cruise and this strawberry colada drink recipe. It's time to share another recipe inspired by my Mexican Riviera with Princess Cruises.
These are so ridiculously easy to make that you can make them for dinner or make some snacks for friends when they come. Totally from you!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
This shrimp and green bean curry salad that I had almost every day during my cruise. This is my second Princess Cruise and I remember this dish from my last cruise to Alaska!
Cut the vegetables, including the mushrooms.
Cook the mushrooms first, then clean the pan … then the peppers and onions.
This is how I cook quesadillas! So you have some sealed edges … this was Curtis' great idea years ago.
Add the cheese and mushrooms.
Then the onions, the peppers, and then the shrimp, and then add more cheese.
I know you want these and I know you want to make them! If you don't like mushrooms, you can skip them entirely!
Serve with a little lime, sliced avocado, salsa, and sour cream and it will be golden. So easy to do … let me know if you do!
Performance: serves from 1 to 2
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 7 to 8 pieces of shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 5 to 6 mushrooms, clean and sliced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, cut into strips and then cut in half
- 1/4 yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and ribs, sliced
- grape seed oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- sliced avocado, sour cream, homemade sauce (to serve)
- Peel and clean the shrimp. Cut in half lengthwise. Using a paper towel, pat the shrimp dry.
- Put 1 teaspoon of oil in a nonstick skillet and cook the mushrooms over medium heat for about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and reserve. Clean the pan with a paper towel.
- Next, add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan along with the green pepper, yellow onion, and jalapeño. Cook over medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside. Wipe the pan again with a clean paper towel.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter in the pan over medium heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper, add to skillet, and cook for 60 to 90 seconds on each side. Remove from the pan.
- Melt another 1/2 tablespoon of butter in the pan and add 2 tortillas to the pan, half of each touching the bottom of the pan. Put 1 tablespoon of cheese and half of the mushrooms on each tortilla, along with half of the onions and bell peppers. Then add the shrimp and 2 tablespoons of cheese to each tortilla.
- Close the tortilla and continue cooking for about 2 minutes. Turn and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until done inside and out.
Divulge: This post is sponsored by Princess Cruises. I only share with you brands that I love and I share with you my own opinions.
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 ShrimpQuesadillas