Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
- 700 g quarter-peeled potatoes
- 1/3 cup heated milk
- 45 g minced butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 500 g of ground turkey meat
- 1 1/4 cups Massel * Chicken-style chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* Massel is recommended by the best recipes in Australia
Put the potato in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Season with salt and bring to a boil. Boil for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Return to the skillet over low heat for 1 minute to dry. Get away from the heat. Add milk and 30 g of butter and puree until smooth. Season.
Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 220 C or 200 C forced fan. Heat oil in large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, carrot, parsnip, and celery, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Increase heat to high. Add turkey and cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 3 minutes. Combine Massel Liquid Stock Chicken Style, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce in a jar. Add to the pan and bring to a boil. Season. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
Transfer the turkey mixture to an ovenproof 5-cup baking sheet. Top with mash and rough with a fork. Sprinkle with butter and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- 1 oven proof oven source
- 1 saucepan
- 1 frying pan with lid
This recipe was created by Lucy Nunes for Massel.