Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Stuffed with seasoned chicken, cheese, corn and sauce, the Stuffed Shells of Chicken Taco bring a completely new flavor to the stuffed shells and Taco Tuesdays. If you love tacos, be sure to try my Taco Lasagna. For a more traditional stuffed shell recipe, skip my three cheese-filled shells for another delicious pasta dish.
Shells Stuffed with Chicken Taco
The chicken taco stuffed shells are loaded with roasted chicken that has been seasoned with my homemade taco seasoning. They are a great addition to any Taco Tuesday menu, and should really be enjoyed any day of the week!
Chicken taco stuffed shells recipe
This is the roasted chicken flavored in this recipe. I used my homemade taco seasoning, but you could also use a one ounce package you get at the store. Get the ingredients you need, and for the ingredients, it's just a suggestion. Like regular cleats, the fixing ideas are endless!
- Giant pasta shells–Cooking the giant shells is probably the most complicated part of the recipe. Be sure to cook them al dente, according to the package directions.
- Rotisserie chickenI'm a fan of roast chicken, but sometimes I don't want to chop it up. I may be the last person to find out that roast chicken is sometimes cooked, already minced, at the deli! Cousin!
- Taco Seasoning–2 tablespoons of my homemade taco seasoning is equal to a one-ounce package of packaged taco seasoning.
- Cream cheese–Rake at room temperature to make it easier to mix with the chicken mixture.
- Canned corn– Drain before adding to chicken mixture.
- Cheddar cheese–I used soft grated cheddar cheese, but you could definitely use sharper cheddar cheese.
- sauce–You only need a cup of sauce, so save the rest for an additional dressing.
- Mexican cheese–This will be placed on top of the filled shells just before baking.
The following are the ingredients that I added to the chicken taco stuffed shells, but there are many more ingredients and sides that I could add. Try refried beans, lettuce, onion, coriander, chives, hot sauce, or even guacamole!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- Sour cream
- Chili Peppers
How to Make Chicken Taco Stuffed Shells
There are three main parts to this easy dinner recipe: cooking the pasta shells, stuffing the noodles, and baking the stuffed shells.
Boil the pasta shells
The trick to boiling the noodles is that you want them to be "al dente". That basically means you don't want them drenched. A giant soaked shell will not withstand the filling process. You want the noodles to be soft and pliable, but still a little firm. A typical giant shell noodle should cook for about 9 minutes. You'll want them to cool a bit before you start filling them, unless you have a kitchen mitt the shells will be hot. One trick is to put a small amount of olive oil on the noodles after draining. Pouring them into the oil will prevent them from sticking.
Fill the noodles
While the noodles cool, preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Meanwhile, mix together the chicken, taco seasoning, cream cheese, corn, cheddar, and sauce. Fill each shell with the chicken mixture and place in a greased 9 × 13-inch skillet.
Bake the stuffed shells
Before putting them in the oven for baking, cover the stuffed noodles with the Mexican cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly. Top with all your favorite taco fixings, including (but not limited to) sour cream, tomatoes, and jalapeño pepper.
Can I freeze the chicken taco stuffed shells?
The answer is yes! Isn't it great when you can prepare a meal in advance and just take it out of the freezer when you're ready to prepare it? I feel so accomplished when I prepare at least one meal for the week! To freeze the Chicken Taco Stuffed Shells, simply prepare the food following the instructions, but do not bake it. The only difference is placing the stuffed shells on a 9×13 inch aluminum tray. Cover it with aluminum foil and be sure to write the name of the dish and the instructions, along with the date. When you're ready to bake it, take it out of the freezer, uncover and bake for 45-60 minutes at 350 ° F. This will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Looking for more taco recipes?
7 can of chicken and taco soup
Taco oyster crackers
Shells Stuffed with Chicken Taco
Filled with roasted chicken seasoned with homemade taco condiments, these chicken taco stuffed shells will be your new favorite recipe for taco Tuesdays!
Course dinner, main course Kitchen American preparation time 10 minutes Cook time 15 minutes Total time 25 minutes Servings 8 calories 411 kcal
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells, cooked al dente
- 3 cups roasted chicken, minced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1/2 cup soft cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup sauce
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream, topping, optional
- 1 medium tomato, diced to coat, optional
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, diced to coat, optional
Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
Cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Drain.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, taco seasoning, cream cheese, corn, cheddar, and sauce.
Fill each giant shell with the chicken mixture and place in a greased 9 × 13 inch baking dish.
Top with the grated Mexican cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbly.
Drizzle with sour cream, tomatoes, and jalapeños.