Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This shaved brussels sprouts salad It is a crispy and tasty recipe that combines in just 10 minutes! It is a mix of seasonal ingredients, such as Brussels sprouts, red apples, and blueberries, mixed with a homemade lemon vinaigrette. I would definitely say this is one of my favorite winter salads.
This month I got on the Brussels sprout car with my green shakshuka and balsamic bacon. But if you have a bunch of leftover sprouts, a refreshing and hearty salad it is the perfect way to make use of them.
This recipe is a mix of delicious autumnal flavors and textures thrown into a bed of shaved Brussels sprouts. Now, before I say that raw Brussels sprouts don't sound appetizing, I recommend that you try this recipe first. Raw sprouts give this salad a crunchy welcome paired with sweet apples and blueberries, creamy goat cheese, and a spicy lemon dressing. Trust me, you will love it!
Brussels sprouts salad ingredients
With only 6 ingredients, you can prepare this recipe in no time. This is what you will need to collect on your next trip to the market.
- Brussels sprouts: You will need about 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, both packaged and fresh stems work.
- Apple: I chose to use a red apple for its bright color and crisp sweetness. But you can also use a honeycrisp, fuji or green apple.
- Almonds: Sliced almonds are ideal to combine with the same thin texture of Brussels sprouts.
- Dried cranberries: I prefer to use dry cranberries without sugar.
- Onion: Red onions give it a strong but sweet flavor.
- Goat cheese: Add a little creaminess and it tastes very good.
- Vinaigrette dressing: I am using my lemon vinaigrette, but you can read below on other vinaigrettes to use.
What type of dressing to use with this salad
With a Brussels sprout salad, most vinaigrettes It will pair well. In addition to my lemon vinaigrette, you can also use an apple cider vinaigrette, citrus lime vinaigrette, dijon vinaigrette, or champagne vinaigrette. Choose your favorite to brighten up this recipe!
What is the best way to shave Brussels sprouts?
While there are a few ways to shave Brussels sprouts, here are 2 ways that I think give the best results.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- Use a knife. Trim the knob and finely cut the sprouts into minced pieces. You can also cut them in half first, for smaller pieces.
- Use a food processor. Just use the shredder blade attachment to quickly shave the shoots. Just remember to cut the ends first.
Note: You can also prepare shaved Brussels sprouts in advance. Simply store them in a sealed container or large Stasher bag and put them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Then when you're ready to make your salad, just mix the rest of the ingredients together and you're done!
How to make shaved brussels sprouts salad
Create this salad in just 4 easy steps! This is what you should do.
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts shaving them into thin slices.
- Make the dressing vigorously whisking all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drizzle on salad dressing on top and toss the salad until everything is combined.
More hearty salad recipes
You need some new ideas on how to refresh your salad routine with seasonal ingredients? Here are some of my favorite recipes to try.
Shaved brussels sprouts salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
This shaved Brussels sprout salad is a fresh and tasty recipe that combines in 10 minutes! Just mix shaved sprouts, some other seasonal ingredients, and drizzle with a vinaigrette.
Shaved brussels sprouts salad
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, shaved or thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 ounces goat cheese
Lemon vinaigrette dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large lemons, juices (about 1/3 cup juice)
- 1 teaspoonful of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1-2 minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the dressing by combining all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Use a whisk to mix vigorously and emulsify the dressing.
Add all of the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
Sprinkle the dressing on top and toss the salad to combine.
- If you want a tastier salad, let the Brussels sprouts sit for 30 minutes (after mixing) to absorb the dressing.
- This salad will last up to a few days in the fridge.
Calories: 148kcal, Carbs: 15g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 55mg, Potassium: 427mg, Fiber: 6g, Vitamin A: 684IU, Vitamin C: 67mg , Calcium: 78 mg, Iron: 2 mg
shaved blueberries brussels sprouts with salad apple