Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Nothing makes me happier than starting a week with a healthy breakfast prepared and ready to go. Whether it's overnight chia seed pudding, chilled oatmeal, or a low-carb, high-protein baked egg, I'm ready to whip up meals on the weekends.
Versatile, affordable, and packed with protein, I love turning any meat and veggies you have on hand into a healthy egg-baking breakfast.
More recently, I stumbled across some additional Italian sausage and peppers, so I decided to turn it into a baked breakfast with cheddar cheese. Of course any cheese would work, so use whatever you have on hand.
If I am preparing ahead, I will keep the oven in the refrigerator for the entire week and simply reheat it in the microwave for about 90 seconds before serving.
Tomatoes or sliced oranges go perfectly aside, plus a pinch of any fresh herb you have on hand.
Your fork is waiting.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Sausage with cheese and baked egg with pepper
This high-protein, low-carb egg breakfast recipe is made with Italian sausages, bell peppers, and cheddar cheese.
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cook time 30 minutes Total time 40 minutes
Servings8 Calories 442kcal
- 1/2 pound of Italian sausage (guts removed)
- 1 bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of water
- 16 ounces shredded minced cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 8 × 11 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Brown Italian sausage in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, using a wooden spoon to break the sausage into small pieces. Cook until the sausage is browned, about 7-9 minutes.
- Add the chopped peppers and onions to the skillet, along with the salt and pepper, and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and spread the sausage and vegetable mixture all over the bottom of the pan in a single layer.
- Beat the eggs and water in a medium bowl and then pour over the sausage and vegetables. Sprinkle the skillet with grated cheese and bake until the eggs are done, about 30 minutes. Serve warm or refrigerate for up to 7 days.
Serving: 1 serving | Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 360mg | Sodium: 812mg | Potassium: 276 mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1440 IU | Vitamin C: 20.3mg | Calcium: 458 mg | Iron: 2.1mg