Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Ruby red grapefruit, lime, orange and tequila are found in this citrus margarita. My sister called me a couple of months ago and said she had a new favorite drink that she couldn't wait to make. We finally had a chance to hang out and mix a batch last weekend and I really liked this drink!
This is a very tart margarita, so if you're not a fan of the sweetest cocktails, this is the drink for you. If you like to balance the cake with something sweet, a dash of simple syrup will allow you to sweeten it to taste.
Ruby Red Grapefruit Margarita
Servings: 3 servings
- 1/2 cup ruby red grapefruit juice, about 1 1/2 grapefruit
- 1/4 cup lime juice worth 3 limes
- 1/2 cup of white tequila
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec or other orange liqueur
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt if you are not going to salt the glasses
- additional lemon wedges to serve
- Optional: simple syrup, shake equal parts sugar and water together in a small bowl, add a touch to the drink and adjust to taste as desired
Combine all ingredients in a large shaker and add ice to fill. Shake for at least 30 seconds, until the bowl is frozen. Fill the prepared glasses with ice and pour the cold margarita on the ice. Garnish with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Salt works to balance the extreme acidity of the grapefruit. If you don't plan on salting the glasses, be sure to add a pinch of salt to the drinks just before shaking them.
~ Click here to subscribe to Barefeet In The Kitchen by email and receive new recipes in your inbox every day. ~
A YEAR AGO TODAY: St-Germain Dillinger CocktailTWO YEARS AGO TODAY: Bacon and garden egg salad
Follow us on PINTEREST!