Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Roasted Sweet Potatoes They are an easy skillet recipe. They are perfectly seasoned and will satisfy all your salty cravings. When the weather turns cold, make this comforting recipe and enjoy sweet potatoes as a side dish, topped with a salad, or rolled up in a wrapper.
Sweet potatoes are one of the most versatile vegetables during the fall season. They taste amazing stir fry, boiled, mashed, and especially baked. But roasting sweet potatoes gives them a whole new flavor profile with a crisp, caramelized edge and a smooth, smooth center.
Roasted Sweet Potato Recipe Video
This is an easy recipe to prepare. But it always helps to watch a quick video tutorial. Give him a watch below!
Choosing a good sweet potato
While sweet potatoes are available year-round, their peak season is from fall through early winter. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the right sweet potato:
- Choose the orange and red skinned potatoes. These are known as the "wet varieties" and tend to be sweeter, creamier, and less starchy.
- Don't get confused with yams. Sometimes red and orange skinned potatoes can be labeled as yams. But these tend to be more starchy and dry.
- Look for smooth and soft skin. Take a closer look and make sure there are no discolorations and that the potato is good and firm.
How to Roast Sweet Potatoes
To get perfectly roasted cubes, there are a few key steps to success. Here we'll explain to you how to do it:
- Peel or not peel the potatoes, it's up to you. Either way it works with this recipe, making it just a personal preference. If you want a little more nutrients, leave the skin on. If you want a consistent texture, remove the skin.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Try cutting them all to the same size so they roast evenly. Then place the cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet, making sure there is space between them.
- Mix the sweet potatoes in oil and seasonings. A couple of tablespoons of avocado oil (or olive oil) will give the potatoes we crave. And a small shake of salty spices like cumin, paprika, and garlic powder take them to the next level.
- Roasted at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes In half, throw the cubes so that all sides are cooked evenly.
PRO TIP: Don't fill your baking sheet. If the sweet potato cubes are too close together, they will be steamed instead of roasted and crispy. It is best to divide a large batch into two baking sheets.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
How to season perfectly
While sweet potatoes taste delicious with just a pinch of salt and pepper, a little extra seasoning really elevates the flavor. If you're looking to add a warm and tasty vibe to this recipe, try roasting with a mixture of cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
The amount of spices that I have added to this recipe is quite minimal. Add an explosion of flavor without overdoing it. This allows you to serve roasted sweet potatoes with a variety of foods and flavors. Feel free to double the amount of spices in the recipe for more punch.
What to eat with roasted sweet potatoes
Once you've put the sweet potatoes in the oven, it's time to make a side dish. Here are some of my favorites:
Main meal ideas:
Mix it in these salads:
And if you love sweet potato recipes …
Are you looking for other ways to transform this vegetable? Try these sweet potato recipes!
Roasted sweet potatoes (perfectly seasoned!)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
These oven-roasted sweet potatoes are caramelized on the outside and soft on the inside. Season with salty spices for the perfect fall or winter garnish.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (2-3 potatoes), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
Peel the potatoes (if desired) and cut them into 1/2 inch cubes.
Add avocado oil and spices to sweet potatoes. Use your hands to mix everything until it is well mixed.
Arrange the sweet potato in a single layer on a large baking sheet, making sure there is space between the cubes.
Roast for 30-35 minutes. Stir potatoes halfway to make sure all sides are cooked through.
- If you want roasted sweet potatoes to taste stronger, just double the seasoning.
- Always use a strong and sturdy baking sheet. It will not warp or bend in the oven.
- This is a great recipe for preparing meals for the fall. Check out my fall meal preparation video for more ideas!
Calories: 173kcal, Carbs: 31g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 5g, Saturated fat: 1g, Sodium: 84mg, Potassium: 510mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 21532IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 45mg Iron: 1mg
Roasted sweet potatoes