Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
The most delicious meals created in my kitchen are almost always those created in one last attempt to clean the fridge. Since I have very little self-control in the produce aisle (surprise!), I'm always looking for clever new ways to avoid wasting food.
There are two things that my children love more than life and they are roasted vegetables and pasta. One morning, while they were eating breakfast, I decided to peel and dice all the vegetables I could find in the refrigerator to prepare a quick and tasty garlic roasted vegetable pasta. For a sweet, caramelized note, I added whole garlic cloves on the skin to the party.
I had a box of thin spaghetti on hand, but feel free to use whatever type of pasta you want. Usually we're a whole wheat penne family, but the kids were happy to sip these long strands of olive oil-coated spaghetti.
While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta and reserve some of the starchy and salty cooking liquid for later. Once the pasta is drained, add it back to the warm pot and then add the roasted vegetables, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese. Add enough of the reserved cooking liquid to create a silky smooth sauce, then sprinkle with fresh parsley to serve.
Your fork is waiting.
Roasted Garlic Vegetable Pasta
A quick or easy meatless or healthy main dish, your family will love this garlic roasted veggie vegetarian pasta.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cook time 20 minutes Total time 35 minutes
Servings4 Calories 356kcal
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti (cooked according to package directions)
- 8 cups diced vegetables (i.e. eggplants, red bell peppers, zucchini, sweet potato, onion, etc.)
- 12 garlic cloves (whole, skinless)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (divided)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the vegetables and garlic cloves on a baking sheet, and then drizzle with half the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well and roast until tender, 18-20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the pasta according to the package directions, reserving 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking liquid. Strain the pasta and then return to the hot pot.
- Mix the roasted vegetables in the pasta pot along with the reserved cooking liquid, remaining olive oil, Parmesan, parsley, and chili flakes. Check seasoning and adjust accordingly before serving.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta and reserve some of the starchy and salty cooking liquid for later. Once the pasta is drained, add it back to the warm pot and then add the roasted vegetables, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese. Add enough of the reserved cooking liquid to create a silky smooth sauce, then sprinkle with fresh parsley to serve.
- It can be served warm, at room temperature or cold.
Serving: 2 cups | Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 57.1g | Protein: 11.6 g | Fat: 9.9 g | Saturated Fat: 1.8g | Polyunsaturated fats: 8.1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 102mg | Fiber: 9.4g | Sugar: 6.3g
Check out my Pinterest board for healthier and easier dinner recipes!
Garlic Roasted With Pasta Vegetables