Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
I have a healthy snack for you today!
This is one of those snacks where you bite down, you think "they are pretty good" but then you can't stop eating them. They'll sit at your counter and just grab a few as you walk… and then you'll find yourself coming back for more, over and over.
They take about 5 minutes to mix and another 45 to roast. All with ingredients you probably have on hand so you can have a healthy and delicious snack whenever those cravings arise.
They are not completely healthy … 2 T of butter are added to the sauce before mixing. However, you could easily cut it down to just 1 or swap it for canola oil (or a combo). Personally, I like the small wealth it adds. Also, I'm eating for one. There is no fault here.
These are also not a type of spicy buffalo on the face. You won't really notice until after a few bites. Then is when they reach the maximum levels of addiction!
Roasted buffalo chickpeas
Performance: about 3 cups
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
These easy roasted buffalo chickpeas are a delicious and addictive snack!
- 2 cans of chick peas (chick peas)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce (Frank’s Red Hot is perfect)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drain the chickpeas and pat dry well (you want the sauce to stick well).
- Mix the remaining ingredients (a pourable measuring cup works well here).
- Place the chickpeas on a leaf tray. Pour the sauce and mix well, making sure all the chickpeas are covered (your hands work best here).
- Roast for about 45 minutes, stirring at least twice during cooking time (they should have some crispiness).
- Store at room temperature for up to a week.
Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1 Calories: 84 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 7mg Sodium: 373mg Carbs: 10g Net Carbs: 7g Fiber : 3 g Sugar: 2 g Protein: 3 g
Roast buffalo chickpeas