At the December table, apart from traditional delicacies, you should not miss an exquisite salad. Yes, on these festivities salads complement the main dishes, both in flavor and presentation. In addition, vegetables and fruits help facilitate the digestion of diners.
For this reason, at RecetaGratis we offer you several perfect salads for these special dates (Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year's Eve). On this occasion we suggest an aromatic salad, rich in textures and flavors: the mandarin and almond salad. A perfect combination of fruits, vegetables and protein. A magnificent entry or companion, capable of pleasing the most demanding tastes. Happy Holidays!
8 diners 30m Starter Low difficulty Additional features: Medium cost, Christmas recipes, No cooking Ingredients:
- For the salad:
- 1 lettuce (preferably purple)
- 425 grams of tangerine segments (canned or plain)
- 2 common onions or a bunch chambray
- 200 grams of sliced almonds
- 250 grams of bacon
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon of paprika powder or paprika
- ½ teaspoon of salt (preferably celery)
Steps to follow to make this recipe: 1
On a skillet brown the bacon. Apply medium-high heat. Drain the fat, cool and crumble.
Prepare your work table with all the Ingredients needed to surprise everyone with this mandarin and onion salad.
- Peel the tangerines and remove the white parts and the seeds.
- Crumble the bacon.
- Wash the lettuce and separate the leaves.
- Chop the onion into very small squares.
- Measure the rest of the ingredients and reserve.
For make the dressing: Mix vinegar, honey, mustard powder, celery salt, paprika and olive oil well.
Place the lettuce leaves, tangerine, onion (preferably chambray), bacon, and almonds in a salad bowl. Mix carefully and add the dressing. Plate and serve.
Is mandarin and almond salad It is elegant, delicate and fragrant, perfect to accompany almost any dish during these festivals.
The citrus notes of the tangerine, the freshness of the lettuce, the crispness of the bacon and the almonds, promise an unforgettable gastronomic experience. A characteristic of the dishes of these dates.
Share with us your doubts, comments and that joy of cooking that we want to continue throughout the next year. Happy Holidays!
And if you have left over these nuts, take advantage and prepare some or all of the following recipes too:
- Lettuce salad with mango and almonds
- Tangerine and almond flan
- Rice with saffron and almonds
If you liked the recipe of Tangerine and almond salad, we suggest you enter our category of Sweet and Sour Salad Recipes.