Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This probiotic vegan cashew cream makes making your own vegan cheese easy to spread. Use cashews and probiotic capsules for a delicious dairy-free pasta.
When the weather becomes colder and the seasons change, we are all at increased risk for disease. Right now we like to give a little help to our systems with supplements, like vitamin C, zinc and also probiotics.
Now I am not one to enjoy swallowing pills, and I rarely like fermented foods. I like yogurt and sourdough, but I hate sauerkraut or pickles.
So getting enough probiotics for me is a challenge. I can only have non-dairy yogurts, I hate pickles and I can't have any dairy. Oh, and swallowing pills, I also try to avoid that.
Therefore, I love the easy solutions that help me get my daily dose of probiotic bacteria. Enter this vegan probiotic cashew spread.
Now you know that we are all for easy recipes. We hate spending half the day in the kitchen. But making this recipe takes little real time. Most of the time it's just waiting for the cashews to soak and for the probiotic bacteria to do their job.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
With that said, if you're willing to play the waiting game, this recipe will bring you a delicious array of vegan "cream cheese," packed with healthy gut bacteria, with little effort. And you can always double-batch if you become a big user like us 🙂
And by the way, try adding some fresh chives or other herbs just before serving, too, and it'll turn this probiotic vegan cashew spread from delicious to fabulous!
Probiotic Vegan Cashew spread
Performance: 4 4 Preparation time: 15 minutes Total time: 15 minutes
This vegan probiotic cashew cream makes making your own vegan cheese easy with cashews and probiotic capsules.
- 1 cup of Indian walnuts
- 1/2 cup of water
- pinch of salt
- 2 probiotic capsules (we use Waya Forte)
- optional: chives
- Soak the cashews in 1 cup of water for 4-6 hours. Once you have finished soaking, discard the water and wash the nuts thoroughly.
- Add cashews to a high speed blender. Add a pinch of water and a pinch of salt and mix until smooth. Depending on how thick or thin your extension wants, add more water while mixing.
- Transfer the spread cashew to a clean glass jar. Open 2 probiotic capsules and place the powder in the cashew mix. Stir well to combine with a wooden or ceramic spoon (not metal!). Cover the jar with a clean cheese cloth or kitchen towel and set it aside on the kitchen counter to ferment for 24-48 hours, depending on room temperature (it will ferment faster in a warm room).
- After the allotted time, there should be air pockets in the cashew mix. Try the mixture if you like it. The flavor should be slightly sour, like a yogurt, and the smell pleasant.
- Once the cashew nut is ready, you can store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- You can serve the pasta as is, or add some finely chopped chives or other herbs, which will add more flavor to the pasta.
Calories: 178.3 Total Fat: 14.1 g Saturated Fat: 2.5 g Sodium: 43.8 mg Carbohydrates: 9.7 g Fiber: 1.1 g Sugar: 1.9 g Protein: 5.9 g
This recipe is presented by Waya Probiotics. These probiotics are the ones we use regularly to aid our digestion and also to make cultivated recipes. This recipe was made using your Waya Forte probiotic capsules. If you can't find this brand in your country, you can use any probiotic capsule that contains a lot of probiotic bacteria (in this case 1 capsule contains 10 cultures and is vegan), but make sure they contain.
Also try our other homemade fermented recipes:
- 2-Ingredient Vegan Coconut Yogurt
- Fermented Probiotic Vegan Apple Butter
- Vegan Probiotic Berry Smoothie
You can connect with us on our Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest. We share lots of behind-the-scenes photos and step-by-step recipes in our Instagram Stories, so be sure to check it out!
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using @RecetasLatinas and tagging us @RecetasLatinas. We are always happy to read your comments and we LOVE to see your opinion on our recipes.
Cashew Nut Plants Probiotic Spread Vegan