Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Taste-laden potatoes and bacon cooked in foil packages, then topped with melted cheese and green onions. A delicious and easy twist on classic loaded potatoes!
EASY POTATOES AND CHEESE WITH BACON
Bacon potato and cheese foil packets with cheese and bacon offer tons of flavor and texture, and everyone loves them! This is without a doubt the easiest and most uncomplicated way to serve loaded potatoes to your friends and family.
If you're not a fan of bacon and cheese over potatoes (HA?!), Take my recipe for Herb Roasted Potatoes with Garlic in Aluminum Foil.
For those of you who haven't noticed yet, I've been obsessed with foil package recipes ever since I learned about foil package recipes. They are quick, easy, and there is virtually no cleaning.
These bacon and cheese fries feature all the classic fixes like cheese, bacon, and green onions, all layered on delicious little fries.
Potato slices can be broiled for summer lunches and camp dinners, or baked year-round.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
HOW TO MAKE POTATO LEAF PACKAGES WITH BACON AND CHEESE
- Preheat your racks to medium-high OR preheat your oven to 425F.
- Start by cutting the potatoes into cubes, then mix them in melted butter with pieces of bacon and delicious seasonings.
- Wrap everything in foil packages and bake or grill for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese, put back on the grill until the cheese melts and serve.
Potatoes are delicious just the way they are, but you can also serve them with a pinch of hot sauce and a tablespoon of sour cream if you like.
MORE FOIL PACK RECIPES
- Packets of garlic and herb fillet and potato paper
- Shrimp Paper Packets with Broccoli and Rice
- Italian chicken and vegetables in foil
- Maple mustard salmon in foil
WANT MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR NEW NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!FOLLOW THE DIET ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
If you try a recipe, use the hashtag #diethood in INSTAGRAM for a chance to appear.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Cheesy Bacon Potato Foil Packets888WW Freestyle: 6 Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 30 minutes Total time 40 minutes
Taste-laden potatoes and bacon cooked in foil packages, then topped with melted cheese + green onion. An easy turn on classic loaded potatoes!
Course: Garnish Cuisine: American Servings: 6 servings Calories: 246 kcal Ingredients
- 2 pounds Yukon gold mini potatoes OR small red potatoes rinsed, dried and quartered
- 4 strips of low-sodium raw bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoonful of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup low-fat grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Cup of chopped green onion, to decorate
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley, to decorate
GRILL preheat to medium-high OR OVEN preheat to 425F.
In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, bacon, butter, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper; mix until well combined.
Divide the potato mixture between four 12 × 12-inch pieces of aluminum foil.
Wrap the foil tightly around the potatoes and pierce the foil in three different places with a fork.
Transfer to the grill and cook over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes OR bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. Drill with a fork to see if it's ready.
Carefully open each package and top with grated cheddar cheese.
Put back on the grill or in the oven for a couple more minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Sprinkle with green onion and parsley.
Optionally, you can serve them with a pinch of hot sauce and a tablespoon of sour cream.
FREESTYLE POINTS WW: 6
Keywords: easy potato garnish recipe, grilling recipes, potatoes, summer barbecue garnish