Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
The feta potato salad is gluten-free and mayonnaise-free. This salad is tender, full of garlic flavor and beautiful different textures and colors.
I love making quick, easy and delicious salads that can feed a crowd. Like my other BLT potato salad and garlic kale salad, this feta potato salad could be used as a side dish or main dish to enjoy.
Potato Feta Salad
This feta cheese bacon and potato salad is to die for. It will be a perfect part of any barbecue party, or even as lunch or dinner. I came to Whole Foods to stock up on some basics, and that's when I saw the super cute red, white, and blue mini fries. As a result, I drank a little instantly and couldn't wait to make a festive red, white, and blue potato salad. This salad is gluten-free, mayonnaise-free, and loaded with a lot, a lot of garlic flavor. We all know that bacon improves everything, even if you don't eat bacon, please, let's go along with this.
This salad is incredibly easy to make. First, roast the potatoes. Then cook the bacon and mix all the delicious ingredients. Also, potatoes in three different colors add a beautiful pop of color to this beautiful salad. Similarly, the potatoes are tender and sweet, with a strong garlic flavor. Bacon adds such a nice crunch, its different texture makes this salad so fun. Each bite is topped with a layer of crumbly, salty, creamy feta cheese that adds the right amount of creaminess and salinity. Finally, a little dill is added to brighten up the dish and for a different color palette.
This potato salad with bacon and feta cheese is perfect for those hot summer days, as it has no mayonnaise and stores well. Loaded with fabulous flavors, it will be a hit in any season.
: Servings: 4 servings Preparation time: 15 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Total time: 45 minutes
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- 32-ounce mini potatoes (red, white, and blue (purple), washed)
- 8 ounces sliced bacon (organic)
- 1 head of garlic (minced)
- 4 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil (+ 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 420F.
- Place parchment paper in the bottom of a baking sheet.
- Place the clean mini potatoes in halves and place them on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 6 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt, pepper and ¾ of the minced garlic. Using your hands combine everything so that all the potatoes are seasoned properly. Distribute the potatoes evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, cover a second skillet with aluminum foil and place the bacon slices in the skillet, without overlapping each other (no oil needed, bacon will make its own fat).
- After the potatoes have been cooking for 15 minutes, open the oven, carefully mix them with a spatula and return to the oven, also add the bacon tray to a different rack. Cook everything for 15 more minutes.
- Start checking at the 12-minute mark if the bacon is already cooked.
- Test if the potatoes are ready, they should have a soft center, but they should not crumble.
- Remove the two pans from the oven. Add the potatoes to a large bowl.
- Place the bacon slices on a cutting board and cut them into pieces of the desired size. Add to the potato bowl.
- Mix the remaining garlic with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add it to the salad bowl.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese, the chopped dill, stir gently to combine everything, taste and adjust the seasoning by adding more salt if necessary.
- To serve.
Calories 558 Carbohydrates: 30 Protein: 12 Fat: 39 Saturated fat: eleven Cholesterol: 54 Sodium: 887 Potassium: 810 Fiber: 3 Sugar: 4 4 Vitamin A: 180 Vitamin C: twenty Calcium: 165 Iron: 2.2 2.2