Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This Pierogi pizza casserole is the best homemade food! We cleaned our plates and came back for a few seconds. We loved this simple saucepan. This is a super easy weekday meal. It also makes a GREAT meal in the freezer. You can even divide the saucepan into two 9-inch pans and bake one and freeze one for later.
I used Italian sausage in this meat sauce. If you're not a fan of sausages, you can trade them for ground beef or ground turkey. Either one will work great! We cover the saucepan with a little pepperoni and olives. Feel free to add all your favorite pizza toppings to the top of the pan: green peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Anything goes!
Performance: 6 Printing recipe
Pierogi Pizza Casserole
Preparation time: 10 MIN Cooking time: 40 MIN Total time: 50 minutes
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen, thawed four-cheese pierogies
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 40 to 50 pepperoni slices
- 2 cups of grated mozzarella cheese
- pizza toppings: olives, mushrooms, green peppers, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly spray a 9 × 13-inch skillet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat until it is no longer pink. Drain fat
- In large bowl, combine cooked sausage and spaghetti sauce. Add pierogies and stir to coat.
- Pour the pierogies into the prepared skillet. Top with half of the pepperoni slices.
- Top the pepperoni with grated mozzarella cheese. Top the cheese with the remaining pepperoni slices and the pizza toppings of your choice.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 45 minutes.
Copyright © 2007-2017 Stephanie Parker | Plain Chicken, Inc. All Rights Reserved Unless otherwise noted, all images and content here at Plain Chicken® are original and protected by copyright under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 Casserole Pierogi Pizza