Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
These cheese pesto sandwiches are so easy to make and taste GREAT! Chicken Legs took a bite and said, "Hey, these are really good. What are they?" I told him and he came back for two more! Hahaha They are really good and highly addictive.
This recipe was inspired by an appetizer that I ate millions of years ago. I have been in love with the combination of flavors since my first bite. My version of the appetizer is super simple and tastes great! I really did these two days in a row! There are only 4 ingredients and they are ready to eat in about 15 minutes.
These cheese pesto sandwiches are great as an appetizer or garnish for your main meal. We serve them with grilled chicken and steaks. They would also be great with a little pasta! You can assemble them ahead of time and freeze them without baking for later. Just let them thaw a little before baking.
Performance: 18 puffs Print recipe
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Pesto Puff Pastries with Cheese
Preparation time: 5 MIN Cooking time: 15 MIN Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 package (17.3 oz) puff pastry, thawed
- 6 tablespoons of prepared pesto
- 9 sharp cheddar cheese sticks, cut in half
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Heat oven to 375 ° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the puff pastry sheet on the work surface. Cut each sheet into 9 squares.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of pesto on each square. Lay half of a cheese stick on the diagonal.
- Fold two opposite corners of each square onto the cheese stick and press down on the edges to seal. Place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Combine egg and water. Brush each batter with beaten egg.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Copyright © 2007-2017 Stephanie Parker | Plain Chicken, Inc. All Rights Reserved Unless otherwise noted, all images and content here at Plain Chicken® are original and protected by copyright under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 With Puff PastryPestoCheese