Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Most of the recipes on this site are here because I decided to put them here.
But every once in a while, I get a fantastic suggestion for the reader. So when I got an email with the Subject: "It looks like it would be fun," followed by a link to Reddit, I got to work right away.
How to make pepperoni pizza bites
A standard can of refrigerated cookies (also known as “explosives”) contains 8 cookies. Cut each one in half, flatten it into a small disk, fill it with cheese and pepperoni and shape it into a small ball of Pizza Surprise.
Then place the Pepperoni Pizza Bites balls in a baking dish. I like brushing the tops of the cookies with garlic butter sauce. For obvious reasons.
Fill the spaces in between with pepperoni, top with cheese, and add a little chopped fresh parsley if you like the color green.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
These pizza bites are perfect for many reasons:
- They start with the cookie explosion. You know, the cans that open.
- Cheese + Pepperoni
- It doesn't seem like a weekend if there is no pizza.
- Cheaper than delivery.
- Because it is (insert sport name) season!
I have adapted the original cooking time and temperature, but "until golden brown" is a good rule of thumb here.
My favorite sauces include the homemade marinara sauce and the most amazing homemade dressing. Dive in! That is not a request!
Skip the pizza delivery! Enjoy these easy and cheesy pepperoni Pizza Bites hot and fresh from the oven. You will want to duplicate the lot! Cuisine: American Preparation time: 5 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Total time: 35 minutes Servings: 8 servings (2 bites each) Calories: 319kcal
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 can of refrigerator cookies in half (8 cookies, 16 halves)
- 1 (8 ounce) block mozzarella cheese cut into sixteen (1/2 ounce) pieces
- 40 pieces of pepperoni in a 6-ounce package
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Marinara sauce for dipping, optional
- Ranch dressing for dipping, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F. Coat 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter and garlic salt.
- Shape each cookie half into a circle and flatten it into a disk. Top with a piece of pepperoni and 1/2 piece of mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the sides of the cookie up and over the pepperoni and cheese until completely covered. Form a ball and place it in the prepared pan. Repeat with the remaining cookie halves, 15 pieces of pepperoni, and pieces of mozzarella cheese.
- When all the pizza bites have formed and have been placed on the baking sheet, place the remaining pepperoni (about 24 pieces) between the cookies.
- Brush with garlic butter, top with grated mozzarella cheese and garnish with parsley if desired.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until cookies are golden brown. Serve with Marinara sauce or Ranch dressing for dipping, if desired.
Inspired by Reddit.
Calories :: 319kcal