Since peanut butter and chocolate was one of my FAVORITE flavor combinations, how the heck didn't I have a recipe for peanut butter chocolate mug cake until now ?!
As you all know, I am kind of familiar for my chocolate mug cake.
But on top of the chocolate mug cake, I also have all these other flavors:
- Vanilla mug cake
- Dark chocolate mug cake
- Salted caramel apple spice mug
- Pumpkin spice mug cake
And now a peanut butter chocolate mug!
This one is extra special because I found a brilliant way to incorporate peanut butter into EVERY single bite.
And it is not with the dollop of peanut butter on top.
I speak mixed with the dry ingredients.
Intrigued? Keep reading!
What is a mug cake?
I still seem to get this question a lot, so I just want to clear it up before we get into the spicy one. A mug is literally as it sounds. A cake made in a mug!
Is this one still without eggs?
Yes, this one is still egg free!
How about making this in the oven?
This is for the microwave only.
Okay, you've made me wait long enough. What do you put in this peanut butter chocolate mug cake to have peanut butter in each bite?
Because you can mix it in with the dried ingredients so it is less messy, but also, it has less fat and oils so it gets weird with the dough.
If I don't want to use powdered peanut butter, can I use real peanut butter instead?
You could, but powdered peanut butter would cut down on fat and oils, and you probably need a little more liquid if you used plain peanut butter, since peanut butter is so thick it would make the whole dough thicker.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake
Peanut butter and chocolate lovers will love this peanut butter chocolate mug! Preparation time: 1 min Cooking time: 1 min Total time: 2 min. Course: Dessert Cuisine: American Calories: 640kcal
- 1/4 cup altogether
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of powdered peanut butter (such as PB2)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter (to center)
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined and the dough has no lumps.
- Pour the dough into a microwave safe mug. You want enough space for the cake to rise without pouring over.
- Add peanut butter to the center of the dough. Just drop it in the middle, no need to push it down and sink it into the dough. It does it on its own when cooking! 🙂
- Put a paper towel in the microwave and place the mug on top (this is to catch any dough if your mug runs over).
- Microwave mug cake for 90 seconds in height (READ NOTES COMPLETELY BELOW)
- Carefully remove from the microwave and enjoy!
Notice that ALL Microwaves are different, therefore can give different results and can overcook this mug if you are not careful. My microwave is 900 watts. Nutrition Facts Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake Number per. Serving (1 mug cake) calories 640 calories from fat 324 % Daily Value * Fat 36 g55% carbohydrates 74g25% Fiber 6g24% Sugar 41g46% protein 14g28% * Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. * Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate.