Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Garlic shrimp and broccoli which is garlic, cheesy, ready in under 30 minutes, and still healthy! Serve with polenta, rice, pasta, or quinoa for a quick and delicious meal.
This is one of those recipes that is great even when cooking from the pantry as it can be made with frozen shrimp and frozen vegetables if needed. Shrimp thaws quickly and, as I shared yesterday, you can grill frozen vegetables and still get great results. And this can be done with shrimp of any size, just adjust the cook time.
Last week, as I brainstormed pantry-friendly dinner ideas, I keep going back to this simple plate of garlic shrimp, parmesan, and broccoli. It has a lot of garlic, parmesan and lemon flavor, and since it's ready in less than 30 minutes, you don't have to be on the stove for hours.
Plus, it feels like a special meal, especially with a warm bowl of polenta or pasta, which may be something you need right now. I also love using this recipe (minus broccoli) as an appetizer. The garlic and parmesan shrimp are delicious and are an excellent alternative to the shrimp cocktail.
Looking for more shrimp recipes? You're lucky! Try this shrimp paste with broccoli with lemon and garlic, pumpkin with spaghetti with shrimp and asparagus, or shrimp and spicy fish stew.
How are parmesan roasted shrimp and broccoli made?
Making this delicious dish is as easy as it is healthy!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
The first thing to do is preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then, mix the broccoli in half of each of the flakes of olive oil, garlic, Parmesan, basil and red pepper. Lay the broccoli in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been lined with aluminum foil and drizzled with cooking spray. Put the entire tray in the oven and let the broccoli roast for about 10 minutes.
While roasting, mix shrimp in the other half of the oil, garlic, parmesan, basil, and red pepper flakes. Add salt and pepper to your liking. Take the broccoli skillet out of the oven and shake it to mix with the broccoli. Add the shrimp to the same pan and return to the oven. Continue cooking for another 6-9 minutes or until shrimp are well cooked and opaque.
Remove from the oven and squeeze the lemon juice over the shrimp and broccoli and serve.
What makes this garlic parmesan roasted shrimp and broccoli healthy?
So what exactly makes this broccoli and shrimp toast plate so healthy? Consider all the individual ingredients:
- Broccoli It is a fantastic source of all kinds of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins K and C, folic acid, fiber, potassium, sulforaphane, beta carotene, iron, magnesium, and much, much more!
- Olive oil It is a heart healthy oil that is a good source of fat. The oleic acid in olive oil can reduce inflammation in the body and can also have anti-cancer and antioxidant properties.
- Garlic it is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and can reduce the risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Parmesan It is a low fat cheese that is rich in protein and calcium.
- Basil It is a great source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as iron, manganese, calcium, omega-3, and magnesium. Plus, it's so delicious in so many dishes and it's super low in calories!
- Red pepper flakes They contain capsaicin, which can help speed up your metabolism. They also provide plenty of flavor and heat without extra calories, fat or sodium.
- Shrimp it's a low-calorie, low-fat way to fill up on protein. Shrimp are also a good source of selenium, vitamin B12, niacin, magnesium, zinc, iron, iodine, and omega-6 and -3 fatty acids.
- Lemons they are packed with vitamin C and fiber and can reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. Lots of citrus fiber is also good for lowering high cholesterol levels.
What other vegetables are good with garlic and parmesan shrimp?
Not a fan of broccoli? No problem! You can use any of these other vegetables instead of (or in addition to) eating broccoli with shrimp. Follow the instructions the same way to cook broccoli, except where indicated:
- Asparagus (cook with shrimp)
- Green beans (cook 5 minutes, then add shrimp)
- Zucchini or yellow squash (cook 5 minutes, then add shrimp)
- Spinach or kale (cook separately and then add to shrimp)
- Peppers (cook 5 minutes, then add shrimp)
- Brussels sprouts (cook 20 minutes, then add shrimp)
Can I do this with frozen shrimp?
This recipe works great with frozen shrimp, but first you'll want to defrost them so they cook evenly. If you have time (and remember), just put the shrimp in the fridge the night before so they can defrost.
If you need to defrost them quickly, place them in a bowl of cold water in the sink. Turn on the water and let a very slow stream of water continue to flow into the container for 8-10 minutes until it thaws. Drain and pat dry.
Can I do this with frozen broccoli?
This recipe also works well with frozen broccoli. Increase the temperature to 425 and preheat the pan as well to help the broccoli cook more quickly. Let it sit for 10-12 minutes, until you see it start to brown, before adding the shrimp. Then add the shrimp and cook for 4-6 minutes until well cooked.
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes COOKING TIME: 20 minutes TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 U minced garlic cloves, divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1.33 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 u lemon
- Salt and pepper
Do you like this recipe? Try our meal plans!
- Weekly meal plans
- Easy shopping list
- Healthy, low carb and vegetarian
- Nutritional information and points
(Hide photos) 1
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix the broccoli with half the olive oil, half the garlic, half the Parmesan, half the basil and half the red pepper flakes. Spread it out on a baking sheet, covered with aluminum foil and drizzled with cooking spray for easy cleaning. Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix shrimp with remaining oil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, basil, and red pepper flakes. Spice with salt and pepper.
After 10 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and shake. Carefully add the shrimp and return to the oven. Cook for 6-9 minutes until shrimp are well cooked and opaque.
Squeeze the lemon juice over the top and serve.