Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Crispy, spicy and cheesy, this Parmesan chicken is very garlic-flavored and comes complete with a homemade, easy-to-thick marinara sauce.
Category: EntryKitchen: Italo-American
Performance: For 4 people
Nutritional information: 324 calories (pasta not included)
Preparation time: 20 minutesTime to cook: 25 minutesTotal time: 45 minutes
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Parmesan chicken Ingredients:
• 2 large skinless and boneless chicken breasts (1 3/4 – 2 pounds total), cut in half lengthwise into 4 thinner chops • Olive oil • 4 garlic cloves, pressed through garlic press • Salt • Black pepper • 1 teaspoon lemon juice • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning • 3/4 cup flour • 2 eggs • 1 cup breadcrumbs • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided use • 1 cup (heaped) grated whole milk mozzarella cheese • Fresh basil leaves, for garnish • Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish • Spaghetti or other pasta, to serve as a side dish
Thick Marinara Sauce Ingredients:
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil • 6 cloves of garlic, pressed through garlic press • 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning • 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano • 2 tablespoons of tomato paste • 2 tablespoons of red wine • 1 (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes • 1 (15 ounce) can take small diced tomatoes, drained of juices • 1 teaspoon (sparse) of salt • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– Start by marinating your chicken breasts: Add the chops in a bowl and add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the 4 pressed garlic cloves, a couple of pinches of salt and pepper, the lemon juice and the Italian seasoning, and rub into chicken; Let it marinate while you prepare your marinara sauce.
– To prepare your thick marinara sauce: place a saucepan or small saucepan over medium heat and drizzle in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil; Add the 6 pressed garlic cloves and stir to combine, and once the garlic becomes aromatic (about 30 seconds to 1 minute), add the Italian seasoning and dried oregano, and stir to mix.
– Add the tomato paste and stir to incorporate, then add the red wine, followed by the crushed and diced tomatoes; add about a teaspoon of salt and a couple of pinches of black pepper, then let the sauce simmer, reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; keep warm
– To assemble the Parmesan chicken: prepare your dredging station by adding the flour to a large bowl, beating the eggs in another, and combining the panko with 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese in another.
– Press each chicken cutlet into the flour, then dip it into the eggs, then press into the panko / parmesan mixture; Place the chops on a plate to hold as you heat the oil.
– Place a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat and add enough olive oil to fry lightly (about 2 cups); Let the oil heat up, then add the breaded chicken chops to the skillet (work in batches if they don't fit), fry for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through; Let them drain on a wire rack for a few minutes.
– Preheat your grill on high.
– Place your cooked chicken chops on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment, then top with several generous tablespoons of the warm thick marinara sauce; then sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the remaining grated Parmesan cheese over the sauce on each piece of chicken, followed by about 1/4 cup of grated mozzarella.
– Place the chicken under the grill for a few minutes, until the cheese is melted and browned.
– Finish with the Parmesan chicken with a generous pinch of fresh basil and parsley, and serve with spaghetti (or your favorite pasta), as well as some of the remaining thick marinara sauce.