Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
What is the time like back to school? The time of year when every minute is precious and nobody wants to waste time enslaving in the kitchen, but we still want to have healthy meals, right?
This turkey taco pasta from a pot It is perfect for this time of year! It is easy, fast and healthy! It's made with Butterball® Fresh Ground Turkey – a healthier alternative to ground beef and it still tastes amazing!
Start with Butterball® Ground Turkey, which is completely natural with no artificial ingredients. It is also very versatile and can be used in a variety of recipes to replace ground beef. I found mine at Walmart and the price was great! But CLICK HERE for $ 1.00 on any ONE (1) Butterball® Ground Turkey Coupon Package that makes it even better! The coupon is valid until 10/31 or while supplies last.
The best part of this recipe is not only that it tastes amazing, but it has loads of vegetables that even my kids ate! I have a 2 and 4 year old son, that's a big problem at home!
I used lean turkey and a mild taco seasoning, so it had a perfect amount of flavor, but it wasn't spicy or overpowering for the little ones, and it was still a food my husband and I love!
I loved using Butterball and felt great knowing it was a healthier alternative! You can visit their site HERE for even more recipes!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
One-Pot Turkey Taco Paste
Servings: 6 people
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground butterball turkey (lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about half a small onion)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (about half a small green bell pepper)
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 15.25-ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned is fine)
- 1 package taco seasoning (about 1 ounce)
- 2.5 cups of water
- 8 ounces elbow pasta
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese mix
Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and ground turkey butter, salt, pepper, onion, and green peppers. and cook until turkey is pinker. (approximately 7-10 minutes)
Once the turkey is cooked, add the corn, black beans, tomatoes, taco seasonings, and water.
Bring everything to a boil and add the pasta. (note: 8 ounces is NOT the complete box… don't make my mistake and throw the whole box away) 🙂
Reduce the heat to low and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, to make sure the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
Once the pasta is cooked, add the cheese and stir until the cheese melts.