Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
What I love about this dish: it's a quick and easy pan-fried chicken dinner; a balanced meal in a pan. How easy is that? The chicken has a crispy coating and a savory center that is sure to please.
In addition, roasting vegetables in the oven highlights their natural sweetness and preserves all their wonderful nutrition. I am so happy that my son ate his vegetables, even if that meant every bite was dipped into the ranch;). I am a busy mother with 2 young children, so I am always looking for easy and healthy family dinners. Also, I despise dirty dishes.
If you can socialize, or if you're just a little "hungry" right now, this recipe is for you! Many thanks to the folks at Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® who sponsored this recipe and created the seasoning that takes this chicken dinner to a very delicious place.
Ingredients for One Pan Chicken Dinner:
1 (1 oz.) Package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Blend 1 cup real mayonnaise 1 cup breadcrumbs (used panko crumbs) 4 small and medium boneless chicken breasts (1 1 / 2 lbs. Total) 1 1/2 lbs. Small red potatoes, halved or quartered if larger in 3/4 "thick pieces 1 pound baby carrots or thin peeled carrots (1/2" thick) 1 tablespoon olive oil Salt and pepper to taste Parsley for garnish, optional
Follow us on PINTEREST!
How to make a chicken and vegetable skillet:
1. In a large Ziploc bag, combine 1 cup mayonnaise and 1 packet of ranch dressing mix (or use a bowl if you are eager to wash more dishes). Add 4 chicken breasts and squeeze the bag to cover the chicken. Squeeze excess air out of the bag, seal and refrigerate the chicken while preparing the vegetables.
2. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet (I used 17 × 11) with oil (Tip: Cover the baking sheet with foil for even easier cleaning). Place the carrots and potatoes in your oiled skillet. Drizzle the top with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper, or season to taste. Mix the vegetables in the pan with your hands, then push them sideways to make room for the chicken, keeping the potatoes cut-side down.
3. Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Shake off excess marinade from chicken, then dip into breadcrumbs, turning to coat evenly. Transfer to a baking sheet. It's okay if the veggies are a little crowded, but keep at least a strip of space between the chicken breasts for optimal crispiness. Drizzle or drizzle the chicken with oil if desired for a golden crust.
4. Bake at 400 ° F for 25-28 min or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 ° F, or juices run clear. Turn on the broiler and continue to bake 3 minutes to brown the chicken. Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh parsley if desired, and serve.
Now you will never go hungry again! 😉
More easy chicken dinner ideas:
Be sure to check out our other popular easy chicken dinner ideas. Our goal is to make your life easier.
Dinner One Pan Chicken and Vegetables
This chicken skillet dinner is easy, delicious, and family friendly. It is a balanced meal in a pan.
Skill level: easy
Calories: 503 kcal
Servings: 4 servings of dinner
- 1 oz Package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs I used breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 lb (4 small / medium) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 lb small red potatoes, halved or quartered if larger in 3/4 "thick pieces
- 1 pound 1/2 "thick thin carrots or thin peeled carrots
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper, or to taste
- Parsley for garnish optional
Preparation: Preheat oven to 400˚F.
In a large ziploc bag combine mayonnaise and 1 packet of ranch mix. Add 4 chicken breasts and squeeze the bag to cover the chicken. Squeeze out excess air, seal and refrigerate while preparing vegetables.
Grease a large rimmed baking sheet with oil (Tip: Or line a parchment for easy cleaning). Place the carrots and potatoes in the pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Mix the vegetables with your hands, lay the potatoes cut-side down and push the vegetables out to the sides of the pan.
Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Shake off excess marinade from chicken and dip into crumbs, turning to coat. Transfer to a baking sheet, leaving only a small amount of space between the chicken breasts for optimal crispiness. Drizzle chicken in oil if desired for a golden crust.
Bake at 400 ° F for 25-28 min or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 ° F and juices run clear. Grill an additional 3 minutes to brown the chicken. To serve, garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Nutritional estimates may vary in this case as at least 1/3 of the marinade remains in the bag after the chicken is marinated, which is reflected on the nutrition label.
Ok, mmm. ⬆ I hope everyone loves this easy chicken in a pan recipe!
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. Pan ChickenpanRecipeVegetables