Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Did you think I would forget Valentine's Day? Never! I've been waiting to make these Nutella Chocolate Cupcakes for a while now. I was afraid I wouldn't have a chance to get them up on time, but I managed to squeal with a last-minute recipe for Valentine's Day. Which is nice because this little batch of cupcakes is pretty easy to make, but it's worth it.
These Nutella chocolate cupcakes are everything. I started with my favorite chocolate chip muffin base, which is light and moist. Chocolaty, but not overly indulgent. Then I covered it with a creamy Nutella frosting that's so good there are no words for that. On top of that, I added a generous swirl of raspberry whipped cream that is so airy and light that you can eat it by the tablespoon. Raspberries only lightly sweeten it with no added sugar, so the entire cupcake was not overwhelmingly sweet. To finish, there is a little drizzle of chocolate and a fresh raspberry.
Yes, it is perfect in every way. And despite all the components, it is actually very easy to make and assemble. You don't even need a stand mixer! In fact, I think what makes the Nutella frosting so amazing is that you mix it by hand so there are no air bubbles trapped inside for a smooth, creamy consistency.
This recipe is made for two people. It makes four cupcakes in total because, let's be honest, there is no way you can stop at one of these cupcakes. If you think you want to make more, the recipe is easy to double or triple, although you only need to increase the amounts of whipped cream in half.
Yield: 4 cupcakes
A batch of four Nutella chocolate cupcakes that you can't resist.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Time to cook: 18 minutes
Idle time 5 minutes
Total time: 48 minutes
- 1/4 cup hot coffee
- 1 ounce semi sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon, 2 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons, 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Nutella Icing
- 4 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 9 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of Nutella
- pinch of salt
- 1 – 2 teaspoons thick cream
- Raspberry Whipped Cream
- 4 raspberries
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- small pinch of salt
- Ingredients (optional)
- chocolate sauce
- fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line four pots in a cupcake tin with cupcake molds.
- Heat the coffee until it is hot, but not boiling.
- Add the chocolate, cocoa powder, sugar and oil. Stir until well mixed and chocolate has melted. Let cool to room temperature. Beat the egg, then the vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Fill cupcake pans 2/3 full. Bake for about 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove and let cool to room temperature.
- Make the frosting. Whip the butter and powdered sugar together until well combined. Add Nutella frosting and mix until completely combined. Add the salt and mix well. Add the thick cream one teaspoon at a time until it has the preferred consistency.
- Make the raspberry whipped cream. Mash the raspberries and stir in the thick cream. Beat until stiff peaks are reached. (I threw everything in a mason jar and shook it.)
- Top the cupcakes with the Nutella frosting, then the raspberry whipped cream.
- Optionally, top the cupcakes with chocolate sauce and raspberries.
Whipped Chocolate With Cream Raspberry Nutella Cupcakes