Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
You have to love a good appetizer of stuffed mushrooms. They are easy to make and stand-alone, making them the perfect finger food. And the filling possibilities are endless! These vegetarian spinach and cheese mushrooms are sure to appeal to all your holiday guests. You can easily halve or expand the recipe, depending on the size of your group.
Mushrooms Stuffed with Spinach and Ricotta
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 butter spoons
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 24 medium cremini or mushrooms, without stems
- Squeeze as much moisture out of the spinach as possible. Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the spinach and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and sauté 3 minutes.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to a medium bowl and add the ricotta and parmesan until well combined.
- Place the mushroom caps, cavities side up, in a large glass or ceramic platter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the filling in the plugs, pressing firmly to fill them and slightly mounting on top.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and filling is bubbly and lightly browned.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Low Carbohydrates Mushrooms Spinach Stuffed Ricotta